Chris Kirkland - back spasm

Guest Sheff Owl

The first post I made when I heard you'd signed him was my one and only troll i made in 1200 posts and that was basically because I couldn't believe you'd signed him. In a time when you're strengthening, like the summer Trev. He's too much of a risk. i understand how everybody got excired, because, he's a "name" who once played for England. Fairplay, I can see that. But its not the end of September and the Back spasms have already kicked in. Is he a luxary Wednesday can afford? As for Bywater certainly good enough for the championship. Is Weaver still there mate?

totally agree mate big risk , weaver has gone on loan i think ,maybe wrong on that though

totally agree mate big risk , weaver has gone on loan i think ,maybe wrong on that though

The Reason I asked was because once this injury starts it will recur again because its the nature of it. So Bywater will have to play more games through necessity. I've been reading that he may not have been injured, but the club didn't want risk the travel distance. Okay so does this mean he can only play in a radius of Sheffield? I'm old school and think the goalkeeper should be the cornerstone of the team. Sorry Trev din't mean to rant at you :biggrin:

Only the second game we have not conceded from a cross into the box

Possible lack of upper mobility?

no appologies needed Baggiehy mate i agree with you if thats the case it's a bit pointless signing him tbh,maybe a brilliant keeper once but back injuries are bad news,and goalkeeping is not the best trade to have one in ,A good solid keeper is half the battle and gives the defence confidence in my eyes mate and it seems a bit silly to sign one with question marks against him ,but what do i know,

is the back problem the reason he places goal kicks etc with his feet not his hands?

yep I do believe he plays in a body brace. which if you think about it should be the time to call it a day

Edited by Guest