Hope Milan has kept the receipt for Taylor

Guest Dutch Oven

Guest JonTheOwl66

Llera and Barth was the best centre back pairing we've had for rogering years. Yet Jones has torn that up and bought some poo pooe hasbeen.

Guest plymouthowl

Don't like slating our players, but Taylor was absolutely shocking yesterday! Their 2nd goal was because of his poor attempted clearance, his style of player should have put the ball in row Z.

Very strange we haven't gone in for Batth. Can only imagine him and DJ have had a big bust up at some stage.

Batth with either Llera or Gardner would be a good foundation to build round

Guest jaks6owl

Just get Llera back in team he's got passion and goals not a big lump like Taylor jumps to head ball like he's got no neck and to make him captain as soon as he joins club must have annoyed a few people I'd give it Kirkland and let everyone else worry bout there own game I just hope he proves us wrong

Seems to me that Taylor has no confidence in his ability on the ball. That is why he tried to clear the ball like he did, which was the root cause of their second goal. Every time the ball came near him it was a first time clearance I don't recall him ever bringing the ball down and attempting to pass it. If we are to become a passing side then there is no place in the team for this guy. He reminds me of the school bully all intimidation but no talent a clone of Darren Purse.

I hope that he proves me wrong and that he shows better form as the season progresses, making him captain seems to guarantee him a place.

Guest Foxhill Owl

I gave the guy some credit with his heading , as he was up against Davies but it never got better he heads the ball up and puts us in more danger.

That hack in the penalty area in the first 10 min was appalling and they should have had a penalty . He was poor ,

Jones has changed the full back line and we are still shipping goals. Soo is it time to give Bywater a shot ? Maybe he organises the defence more , just putting it out there

the 'hack in the penalty area' was in the very first minute. in the second he was charged down with the ball on the edge of his box. Only because there was little space behind him that the ball went behind for a Goal kick rather than present a 1 on 1. His heading was poor and his general command of the back line as captain was awful. he was signed as Jones supposed leader. Someone needs to tell him there more to leading than shouting the odds. Prefer my leaders to lead by example!

Awful, just awful.

Ask anybody about Martin Taylor and all anybody can say is "that big lump who crippled Eduardo"

There's a reason he's here i'm afraid, he stinks of "couldn't get the player we really wanted so we filled a shirt with this bloke instead"

Cant compete in the championship on the cheap unfortunately, we've gone for quantity ahead of quality, and it just wont work

Basement bargain, init, not.

Worse signing since Purse and he's not even as good as Purse, surely we had him watched but fancy sending

David Blunkett. This man is by far the worse centre half I have seen since Danny Maddix and if jones thinks

he's captain material he needs to have a long look in the mirror this weekend.

There's a tarmacing job on page 30.

Awful, just awful.

Ask anybody about Martin Taylor and all anybody can say is "that big lump who crippled Eduardo"

There's a reason he's here i'm afraid, he stinks of "couldn't get the player we really wanted so we filled a shirt with this bloke instead"

Cant compete in the championship on the cheap unfortunately, we've gone for quantity ahead of quality, and it just wont work

And you're not wrong mate. Again interesting to see you get backing for something I said too, but got negged for. Mind you, I was a week in front of you and as popular as woodworm in a cripple's crutch for being so right, so often.

We've had some poor central defenders in recent years....Guy Branston,Rob Jones, Lee Bullen, Darren Purse to name a few, but

Taylor makes them all look world class.

Have to disagree with the OP. Yesterday was the first time I've seen the team live this season. I thought that there was long periods the centre backs were solid and that the major threat was down the wings.

Once these guys gain an understanding I'm sure they'll improve and gel. I was heartened yesterday because looking at it objectively, we were playing an recent Premiership side and our squad was largely new. When we ran at their center backs I thought we were threatening but just lacked that understanding in the final third.

Just my opinion.