Hope Milan has kept the receipt for Taylor

Guest Dutch Oven

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Not neccessarily. Jones didn't play for the second half of the season. So how could that point be right? Jones was constantly being beaten by fast strikers last season and they are faster in this division hence why RJ is at another L1 team

Awful, just awful.

Ask anybody about Martin Taylor and all anybody can say is "that big lump who crippled Eduardo"

There's a reason he's here i'm afraid, he stinks of "couldn't get the player we really wanted so we filled a shirt with this bloke instead"

Cant compete in the championship on the cheap unfortunately, we've gone for quantity ahead of quality, and it just wont work

The worrying thing is we could've signed Batth on loan instead.

But apparently being younger, already being familiar with the area and club, friends with some of the squad, just as good in the air, better at tackling, better at reading the game better, being quicker, and having equally questionable distribution, compared to Taylor makes him not the right "type" of player.

Seriously, can someone explain DJ's thinking to me?

The only thing Taylor has is "experience", but what's the point in having experience if fundamentally you're not a good player?

Shocking signing, who I fear we are now stuck with as he has been made captain!

oh lay oh lay oh lay oh lay Danny batth Dany batth danny batth batth batth.

we all know it vendetta time best defender we had in the bast two years is supposedly not good enough to play for us in the champinship.

dont be so flipping daft its a pride thing.

who would you rather have? Batth? Gardiner or tiny?

Guest Dutch Oven

I'd be interested to hear Milans views on him after the game:

DJ: chairman

MM: Dave

(Awkward pause)

MM: why you maka me buy that pile of poo pooe?

DJ: we need to improve as a team when defending...

MM: but he is a pile of poo pooe...no?

DJ : we are being punished for individual errors...

MM: his individual errors Dave because you made me buy a pile of poo pooe that you said was better than batth...

DJ: mr chairman...he will come good

MM: but he is a pile of poo pooe- even Stevie Wonder would have seen that today!!!

(Long awkward pause)

MM: Paul! Getta me 'Arry on the phone....

Are all the comments from Watford fans praising him to the hilt forgotten now?

They must have been a terrible side. Taylor is shocking.

The comparisons to Baath are unfortunate - but DJ's comments that "he isn't the type of player we're looking for' sounds wrong.

Unless we aren't looking for a young talented centre back with a solid stature, good reading of the game, familiar with club and area, great mates with players and who just helped a club go 14 games unbeaten and won promotion.

Edited by Jowl

Taylor is dire. Total outdated centre half in today's game. Look at Knight and Mills yesterday for Bolton. Different class gave Bothroyd nothing. Taylor for a 'man mountain' dominates nothing and dilly dallies on the ball. No composure - how on earth can jones rate this guy? Worringly so.

He can't be this bad on a regular basis, surely?!?!

Really not good yesterday.

His clearances, both with his feet and head, were terrible - he kept clearing the thing straight back into the danger zone (makes me want to play the Top Gun theme).

So, to surmise: the only positive from "Tiny's" performance yesterday...is the fact that he allowed me to use "danger zone" in my criticism of him.