Hope Milan has kept the receipt for Taylor

Guest Dutch Oven

Once these guys gain an understanding I'm sure they'll improve and gel.

I have seen Taylor twice now.

My initial impression is that his signing is a real shocker. An absolute no brainer. Lacks basic ability both athletic and football wise. At the moment I put both Lleira and Beevers way ahead of him.

He can't be as bad as he appears, surely? He came with a decent history.

His recruitment has initially left me bemused. Shocked in fact.

I hope my judgement is wrong.

Guest @DSapeyOwl

Have to disagree with the OP. Yesterday was the first time I've seen the team live this season. I thought that there was long periods the centre backs were solid and that the major threat was down the wings.

Once these guys gain an understanding I'm sure they'll improve and gel. I was heartened yesterday because looking at it objectively, we were playing an recent Premiership side and our squad was largely new. When we ran at their center backs I thought we were threatening but just lacked that understanding in the final third.

Just my opinion.

This

batth is the best centre back we've had since des, bringing him back would've been our best signing of the summer.

no he's not. Thome & Bougherra are names that immediately spring to mind - and there are probably others too. give Taylor a few games alongside Gardner and they'll be ok. thought Gardner did quite well when you consider he's probably not been fully fit since joining us. his long-term rehab from the hamstring tear he suffered at Palace was always likely to need time and careful consideration.

I have seen Taylor twice now.

My initial impression is that his signing is a real shocker. An absolute no brainer. Lacks basic ability both athletic and football wise. At the moment I put both Lleira and Beevers way ahead of him.

He can't be as bad as he appears, surely? He came with a decent history.

His recruitment has initially left me bemused. Shocked in fact.

I hope my judgement is wrong.

Well, I'll have respect you're more observational judgement as I've only seen him once. I'm also going on his history and the upset expressed by Watford when they lost him.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Taylor is a very steady Championship centre half.

He has proved it over 10+ years not 3 matches.

And no that isn't the same as Purse. Purse had been a sub for the previous couple of seasons prior to joining us.

Guest BoomTownOwls

We've had some poor central defenders in recent years....Guy Branston,Rob Jones, Lee Bullen, Darren Purse to name a few, but

Taylor makes them all look world class.

None of those players had the impressive track record of Taylor.

You are talking garbage.

Aside from one error he was steady yesterday. The error he made still left a midfielder 30 yards out with about 5 players to beat.

None of those players had the impressive track record of Taylor.

You are talking garbage.

Aside from one error he was steady yesterday. The error he made still left a midfielder 30 yards out with about 5 players to beat.

exactly. i was more disappointed in seeing two of our defenders beaten by one dummy by Mark Davies on his way to scoring his goal - that was worse than Taylor's poor clearance.

Guest eastridingowl

I honestly believe Taylor will be another Purse, I hope i'm wrong but i believe that the next three games will prove to his remaining supporters that he is simply ot good enough. Obvioulsy he wins his fair share in the air due to his size, however, did he once attack the ball??? did anyone see him jump and head the ball, generally he stood his ground and let it bounce of his head, with his size and build he should have been dominating anything in the air, yet once more we looked incapable of dealing with crosses into the box.

I wonder if DJ is regretting not signing Batth!!! What does he see in Taylor that Batth wasn't capable of doing????

I honestly believe Taylor will be another Purse, I hope i'm wrong but i believe that the next three games will prove to his remaining supporters that he is simply ot good enough. Obvioulsy he wins his fair share in the air due to his size, however, did he once attack the ball??? did anyone see him jump and head the ball, generally he stood his ground and let it bounce of his head, with his size and build he should have been dominating anything in the air, yet once more we looked incapable of dealing with crosses into the box.

I wonder if DJ is regretting not signing Batth!!! What does he see in Taylor that Batth wasn't capable of doing????

That's big words.

I don't think the defence was that bad, it's the midfield not tracking runners that is a major issue. Late runners into the box appear to find themselves in acres of space with no one near them.

As a team we are ball watchers, if a oppositions forward drops off his run into the box the defender or midfielder fails to see it cause they are watching the ball only instead of a quick glance to antcipate any danger.

Again it leaves a man free in the box with an age to decide what he wants to do.

He needs to be out of the side very quick. If he continues to play we will have to score at least 3 goals a game to get a result. Dont think its just him but saturday he was awful. no pace, not good with the ball and not very commanding in the air. Bad signing for me.

I agree he wasn't as bad as people are making out. has potential to be a good captain. Give him a chance.

Yes he was terrible. Nowhere near good enough at this level.