Taylor

Batth would've smacke the ball into row Z everytime.

Takes no chances.

Its not even like Taylor is trying to play it out of the back. He just keeps aimlessly swinging at the ball or heading it straight up in the air.

Much rather have the safer, no nonsense option of Batth.

Thought he gave away a blatant pen in first 5 mins, the attack came from his sloppy header. He's been a jOke so far. God knows why he is ahead of llera

No doubt at all, it was a penalty. We look worse with him playing, he has been given the captaincy and yet doesn't appear to marshall the defence at all. Lllera has been openly criticised by his manager and yet this guy has come in and has cost us more points than Llera already.

Guest Sheff Owl

I prefer my defenders to clear the ball when there is danger.

I don't care if it's hoofing it out into the stand just as long as it's away from the goal.

One of the first rules of defending is to clear the ball as far and fast as possible from the goal....

The two games I've seen Taylor play he has done none of this as flapped at every ball that's come to him.

How on earth he's ahead of Llera I'll never know. Llera also adds to our set pieces, with sheer presence and free kick ability, so has to start the next game.

Guest owl from retford

his defending for the second goal was shocking very poor centre half had loads of time to play it back to kirkland but no wee wees about

Guest foreverSWFC

Cannot see how he is better than Rob Jones, rushed into the side, made captain immediately perhaps the changes and pressure is troubling him, but he was making basic shoolboy errors today, espeically in the second half.

To be fair, thought he looked ok in the first half, but he got worse in the second, he cannot get any distance or direction on his headers, they just loop into the air.

Guest Sheff Owl

Much prefer Rob Jones.

Martin Taylor is poor, no doubt about it.

Our defence was slow before it's mega slow now.

Kieran Lee covered quite a bit today, if he wasn't there it could have been worse.