David Jones. Take a long hard look at yourself.

By trying to sign better players to push us on so to speak I think we've created a monster the side that got us promoted has been broken up and with it has gone that air of invincibility we had at the end of last season

Its great to have competition for places but what must you think if you are Chris Maguire or Kerian Lee new signings completely frozen out of the squad

Guest tha_knows

Inevitable with our fanbase

There's the fantastic, incredible, positive support

Then there's an undergrowth of idiots that throw coins, scrap amongst themselves, call for DJ to be fired after every loss and who can't wait to come on the internet and post anti-swfc type sentiment just because we aren't thrashing teams 5-0 every week

It's these fans that will hold us back this season

It's these fans who should stay away and let the good, true, passionate, positive, PRO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC fans do the job of supporting this team this season.. as it's clear the idiots can't handle it

I admit last night I was bit tipsy and just annoyed after the match so I apologise if I was been stupid, the mix of key basic errors from the players and the so called officials got the better of me. Calling for DJ's head is the most ridiculous thing ever, what happens if we sack him now? we get a new manager who will want his own players, it'll then take time for them to settle (like what is happening now), and the circle goes on and on. And as for fans fighting and coin throwing, does this club really need any more bad publicity after what's gone off recently?

Last night was back to the old "Hillsborough crowd" attitude setting back in then!!?! Why can't people see that a massive contribution to our promotion was the fans were behind them all the way, gets me so mad. Don't get me wrong I'm all for voicing your opinion but 99.9% of the comments heard and written are by unknowledgable idiots who are more bothered about what the scum at S2 are doing and thinking we have a right to beat Huddersfield. Don't get me wrong I'm not claiming to be some football guru but FFS, it get me mad when it has an impact on the team. What will the new players be thinking, yeah agree some of them were not at their best last night but people will slagging them off after 10 mins of watching them. Ross Barkley is a talent but the Hillsborough crowd will break him and we will lose out on a good player after a month

Last nights shambolic performance has left me with such a disappointed view after such a promising start.

I thought we had a manager who thought like the fans.

Out of the 20 odd thousand owls there last night. How many would have :

Left O'Grady on the bench for so long.

Come out for the second half with only one forward on.

Played a left back in the right back slot when there are other more viable options.

Put our main attacking threat JJ at right back after the sending off.

Not taken the terrible Mattock off before the sending off.

Not thought about getting Rodri on with vast amounts of space to dominate.

Left the legend Llera on the bench.

Signed Taylor and said no interest in Batth

That performance last night was embarrassing. And I've been saying weve played the best football I've ever seen at Hillsborough in the earlier games.

Irvinesque springs to mind. It really was that bad. Very disappointed.

Seriously? People really need to look beyond this guy.

He's a decent attacking threat, but unfortunately just another pants defender, really dont know what people think would have happened if he'd been on the field.

Jones got a few things wrong last night, it looked a bit Megsonesque for me, long ball and no plan B, but he will get it right, we need another loan signing, ideally in the mould of Danny Batth, and some very basic mistakes need cutting out, Jones will sort it, he's not become a fool overnight.

Last nights shambolic performance has left me with such a disappointed view after such a promising start.

Played a left back in the right back slot when there are other more viable options.

That performance last night was embarrassing. And I've been saying weve played the best football I've ever seen at Hillsborough in the earlier games.

Mate it's all so easy in retrospect.

Fact is DJ is trying to change the way we play with an almost entire new team, if it takes 6 months to do it fine

I'm all for consolidation this year in the league if it means long term goals.

The way some people carry on in here is as if we are supposed to trounce teams every week.

Wake up and realise that we have probably the best coach in league in DJ and projects take time

Deal with it

Last night was back to the old "Hillsborough crowd" attitude setting back in then!!?! Why can't people see that a massive contribution to our promotion was the fans were behind them all the way, gets me so mad. Don't get me wrong I'm all for voicing your opinion but 99.9% of the comments heard and written are by unknowledgable idiots who are more bothered about what the scum at S2 are doing and thinking we have a right to beat Huddersfield. Don't get me wrong I'm not claiming to be some football guru but FFS, it get me mad when it has an impact on the team. What will the new players be thinking, yeah agree some of them were not at their best last night but people will slagging them off after 10 mins of watching them. Ross Barkley is a talent but the Hillsborough crowd will break him and we will lose out on a good player after a month

the long break since the last home match and 2 straight defeats did us no favours (team or fans), seemed like we were starting off all over again not knowing what to expect

Llera can't defend (granted Beevers can't either)

I was thinking about this last night. If we assume that Beevers and Llera are similar in terms of defensive ability (I'm sure we can argue the throw either way, but I think it's a reasonably fair assumption) then doesn't it make sense to play Llera instead given that he gives us much more of an attacking threat?

We had multiple corners last night that didn't clear the first man, two awful left footed free-kicks by Bothroyd. Llera's delivery in those situations would have been a huge plus. As would his presence in the box for long throws and right footed corners.

I'm at the point where I accept we won't keep clean sheets and I'd rather see our best attacking threats on the field than continually mess with the back four.

I was utterly baffled that we persisted with four at the back from half time. 3-4-2 with Rodri for Madine. We had three centre backs on the pitch already. Rather than shoving a right winger to right back.

Totally agree. Jones made a big tactical error.

We were losing 2-1 and needed to attack.

Putting JJ at right back was the wrong move.

We should have gone 3 at the back and pushed JJ/Antonio up the wings to attack them.

Instead we had JJ stuck in our half and half the players not knowing where they were playing.

Dave Jones has been awsome for us but that was an awful tactical decision.

It's these fans who should stay away and let the good, true, passionate, positive, PRO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FC fans do the job of supporting this team this season.. as it's clear the idiots can't handle it

I agree with this to an extent, but I would say its OK to have balanced views rather than blanket positivity. The relationship between club and fans is always going to be reciprocal - when things go right on the pitch, its easier for the fans to be positive. When they go wrong - I'm not sure there's much wrong with fair criticism, after all, discussing the game is part of the interest of it.

Yet you do wonder sometimes if people realise the difference between saying this to the person sitting next to you and screaming it at the players. About a year/18 months ago there was still the panic a lot of players visibly experienced when they got on the ball and heard the crowd; whether in attack, or defense. On the one hand - the crowd seemed to be their own worst enemy, pressuring the players into mistakes. On the other hand - that's also part of what comes for playing for a big club with big expectations. The euphoria when you meet those expectations (ie, end of last season) is unrivalled. I'm not sure managers have always brought players to the club taking into account that an ability to deal with the pressure is crucial, whatever league we're in. However, the pressure is eased by success.

My view is that in the long run Jones will get a team together that he likes which will be fairly consistent - but when there are bad days, people will undoubtedly pine for the consistency and togetherness of last season. Such is the result of being in a different league with a different squad. I'm a little disappointed that after Jones saying he would build on last season's team (and having every reason to do so), there has been instability and a bit of a haphazard approach to team selection recently. Dropping an in-form player (COG) has seemingly sent the wrong signals to players and fans alike - even though he couldn't get a game during our impressive run to promotion.

Nobody at the moment could fail to notice the defensive problems. Jones is coming out with football-manager cliches about it to the press. Have to hope there's actual work going on behind the scenes in terms of organisation.

A number of things - not just last night - have conspired to stop the momentum we had - the international break, injuries, new signings, full-back uncertainty, and away defeats. The Bolton game will be an important test of the new era and the new players.

Another point to make - the current system of having competition for all places has it's benefits, and Jones is obviously keen on it. However, the downside is that the fans always know there's someone else willing and ready to play in any position, so there's always the chance of individuals being put under a lot of pressure in home games. If you think about the contrast to last season.. even if someone was below par or had a shocker, there wasn't as much competition, so there's less of a reason for the fans to complain immediately/quite so vocally about the manager's selection.

It seems that Jones has gone for quantity over quality.

I don’t want Jones to be sacked, but he's giving Milan ammunition to sack him. Milan has backed him, he brought in Lee and Maguire and they're not getting a look in. Instead the likes of Bothroyd and Barkley walk into side. We can all agree that no-one knows what the best starting 11 is, unfortunately, including Jones.

Mate it's all so easy in retrospect.

Fact is DJ is trying to change the way we play with an almost entire new team, if it takes 6 months to do it fine

I'm all for consolidation this year in the league if it means long term goals.

The way some people carry on in here is as if we are supposed to trounce teams every week.

Wake up and realise that we have probably the best coach in league in DJ and projects take time

Deal with it

but obviously if its an entirely new team , then they wont have been playing the way "we play"..as you put it so in reality he isnt changing any thing except maybe a few players , and they seemed to manage that change for 16 or so games last season

Seriously? People really need to look beyond this guy.

He's a decent attacking threat, but unfortunately just another pants defender, really dont know what people think would have happened if he'd been on the field.

Jones got a few things wrong last night, it looked a bit Megsonesque for me, long ball and no plan B, but he will get it right, we need another loan signing, ideally in the mould of Danny Batth, and some very basic mistakes need cutting out, Jones will sort it, he's not become a fool overnight.

Inswinging corners that beat the first man for a start instead of about eight Graham Kavanagh type efforts that hit the first man! I've seen pub teams take better corners than we were delivering last night.....seriously! The odd duff corner I can take but around eight of the same poo pooe examples is just not on!

Passing out from the back......ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is progress is it???

Edited by Bedders

Inswinging corners that beat the first man for a start instead of about eight Graham Kavanagh type efforts that hit the first man! I've seen pub teams take better corners than we were delivering last night.....seriously! The odd duff corner I can take but around eight of the same poo pooe examples is just not on!

Passing out from the back......ooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is progress is it???

We can not be calling for a poor, slow central defender to play because he can take corners, we have so many forward players, one of them must be able to take one.

To be fair, Taylor and Beevers tried to pass it out from the back several times yesterday, they just ended up getting it back because nothing was happening in front of them.

If i'm completely honest, of the CBs we have now, I probably would start Llera, but not because he's good enough for the championship, purely because he's marginally the best of a bad bunch, what I dont understand is the uproar about him not starting, when defensively he's been bloody awful so far this season.

We need a real quality defender in, urgently.