Scoreboard

The scoreboard tells you the minute of the game, tells you the score for the game and amuses us all at times, why is it so important we change it?

II think it was reported that the one that derby got cost around 250k. So instead of spending around that type of money on a scoreboard that we dont actually need, we could invest it into the youth system and start bringing through our own quality players, put it towards wages/signing fees, put it towards a fee for a player or just generally something that will improve the team in any possible way.

Also can we stop with these 'scoreboard' threads, it starting to get like the Antonio threads all over again, a new one every day lol

Meh who cares, those straws just get shorter and slippier by the day

Blunts gary megson

I love it, the blunts are clutching more straws than a scarecrow havin a ham shank lol

As for the score board. I like the old one but it would be nice to have a nice posh one. It would cost a bit, but surely the advertising would pay for it in time

II think it was reported that the one that derby got cost around 250k. So instead of spending around that type of money on a scoreboard that we dont actually need, we could invest it into the youth system and start bringing through our own quality players, put it towards wages/signing fees, put it towards a fee for a player or just generally something that will improve the team in any possible way.

Ok

STOP THE THREAD

I need to make a serious point here

It seems fans are thinking Sheffield Wednesday are going to spend a shitload of cash on a scoreboard and not make any money back from it as a result

Now either these fans are REALLY flipping thick.... or they don't 'quite' understand how these things work...

Do they REALLY believe that there's a decision by the chairman to not spend money on players and instead just stick a big videoscreen up ?

Honestly ?

Or are people posting before thinking it through again ?

Ok...

Rant over..

CARRY ON WITH THE THREAD

Owlstalk Shop

Anyone see The Boss is Back on BBC last week? Theo Paphitis went back to Millwall. When he was Chairman there he bought a new scoreboard for £500k. He went back 12 years later, the same scoreboard is still there, and as he said, it paid for itself in quite a short period of time. MM and PA are businessmen, this is a business decision.

Currently on iPlayer - go to 16.27 for the scoreboard section:

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._Theo_Paphitis/

Edited by DevOwls Advocate

Ok

STOP THE THREAD

It seems fans are thinking Sheffield Wednesday are going to spend a poo pooload of cash on a scoreboard and not make any money back from it as a result

Now either these fans are REALLY flipping thick.... or they don't 'quite' understand how these things work...

Do they REALLY believe that there's a decision by the chairman to not spend money on players and instead just stick a big videoscreen up ?

Honestly ?

Ok...

Rant over..

CARRY ON WITH THE THREAD

This frustrates me as well Neil. Do people think there's £0 money to be made off the back of a new scoreboard? It'll probably pay for its self within a season or 2 and then it's upkeep will be more than covered by the revenue it generates.

Advertising and extra entertainment.

Win win.

It's no Score update A-Z like we used to have on the north. The current scoreboard was a downgrade in the respect.

Remember the day we played Forest I think and one of the scores was wrong meaning we would stay up, but they just got it wrong and we went down? 1991 I think.

Ok

STOP THE THREAD

It seems fans are thinking Sheffield Wednesday are going to spend a poo pooload of cash on a scoreboard and not make any money back from it as a result

Honestly ?

Ok...

Rant over..

CARRY ON WITH THE THREAD

Some people might not understand how it works Neil and possibly could be young lads posting, cut them some slack lol.

Been getting ripped into by some blunts about our scoreboard and how not modern it is. Stupid but do we need a new one? But NEVER take away the SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T

ASK THEM IF THEY'D LIKE TO SWAP THEIR NEW SCOREBOARD FOR OUR OLD ONE AND CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL.

Some people might not understand how it works Neil and possibly could be young lads posting, cut them some slack lol.

All the more reason to educate them then and make them stop and think for themselves innit...

Too much spoonfeeding is demanded these days... time to make the young uns think...

I suppose the Pigs would need a good scoreboard. That way it takes their mind off what's on the pitch.

Why bring the pigs into a discussion about OUR scoreboard ?

OBSESSED

Owlstalk Shop