Interesting reading - Huddersfield fans tipping us for promotion

where has Milan thrown millions at it??

I've seen similar suggestions on a few forums. I suppose if you don't follow us closely, with our headline signing so far pegged at £1m, you might assume that a lad from Rangers that Premier League clubs were looking at, a striker from Barcelona, and the likes of Kirkland and Gardner were similar big money transfers.

It's probably also hard for some of these fans to accept that we're just a much bigger draw for these players than their club will ever be.

Edited by arithmetic

Guest LittonOwl

Thought Norwood looked quite a player the other day in their sky game against Cardiff.

I doubt they'll challenge but I don't think they'll struggle either, they've a decent midfield now with Clayton alongside him.

Edited by LittonOwl

We are been quite sensible.

Lots of frees, shrewd signings and only paying for a few players. Our gates with good football will be up, our revenues will be up and we'll be able to have a strong squad inside the financial fair play rules.

I don't think the club as a whole is spending millions more, its just doing more with what it has. New management from departmental all the way through to chairman have overhauled the club, the results are clear to see.

Clearly think they know what's happening here, but in reality haven't got a scooby.

We're not throwing loads of money at it (fees for Antonio & Mayor only) and the expectation aren't been driven by our 'arrogant' fan base but more out Chairman and to a lesser extent, Manager.

I think most fans will be delighted with a good solid mid table finish this season. But we'll sure as hell ride the wave that Milan & DJ are creating.

We paid a fee for Maguire

I like the honesty from a lot of Huddersfield fans on there. Actually, I like Huddersfield full stop - especially more so now Knobhead Clark isn't there.

Not sure where they get the impression from though that Mandaric is throwing shedloads of money at it this season - we're spending wisely and pretty modest sums for talented, young players.

Same here. Really like Huddersfield and hope they do well this season, albeit not at our expense obviously.

I think theyre still a bit scared of us after smashing them in the run-in last season at the Galpharm. We've got better since then, whereas they still have a cr@p back four.

Well finish well above them this year and they know it...but thats the difference between a great championship manager like Jones, and someone who is out of his depth at this level.

Love it!

I've nowt against Huddersfield. Decent club. No animosity between us and them other than some petulant comments on internet forums, I suspect.

Unfortunately misinformation seems to follow Mandaric around. Craig Burley on 5 Live last night basically laughed when the other bloke mentioned we had stability at Hillsborough, suggesting there was never stability whenever Mandaric was around. Burley's a c*nt anyway, but just shows how people speak without knowing what they're really talking about.

Huddersfield fans thinking we are splashing the cash seems wide of the mark to me. They've paid out a few transfer fees themselves this summer (and in previous summers), and if the rumour that they wanted to offer Antonio more than we were is correct, they're not exactly frugal with the wages either. Huddersfield aren't exactly some small minnow minding the pure strings in the hopes of minimising the damage should they go down. They've ambitions of their own and I've no doubt they're spending equal if not more than we are to achieve it.

Was speaking to a Town fan whos a mate of mine after their game last night. Said against Cardiff they looked like comfortable mid table but last night was a real wake up call. Forest absolutely battered them and Smithies had to keep them in it whilst Rhodes looked lost upfront on his own. They were lucky to get a point.

They will be safe from relegation but I don't rate Grayson at all at this level

Dean Hoyle will have spent a similar amount on Hudds (if not more) than Mandaric will have on Wednesday, not including the club purchase of course. Lee Clarke was given a lot of money to spend at that level.

Norwood did stand out for them vs Cardiff. Looked very good and for the first time I saw what the fuss was about as I didnt see him stand out as clearly for Scunny or Coventry. However, we clearly only had eyes for Rhys McCabe who could probably eclipse Norwood in time.

DJ in an interview a couple of weeks ago said we would be 'about' half way up the league in terms of spending on signings and wage bill

I bet that's about right too.

The difference between us and many of these other clubs - and something which has really surprised me, if I'm being honest - is the extent and quality of the contacts that between them, PA, MM, and DJ, obviously have. It's hard to explain otherwise.

This difference isn't about money it seems to me (although we obviously aren't offering peanuts), but ultimately about the quality of the individuals we have running the club. The massive and passionate fan base, tradition etc. all help too, of course, but we've always had that - the difference now is that we've got leaders that are actually worthy of us.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think most of them are actually being fair on there. Udders will be ok this season. Us...who knows yet, but its been a good start!!!