in centre of defence?

Do you think Beevers will get a look in if the current pair carry on the way they are playing or is it harsh to comment on the defence after two games (oldham and derby)?

I for one would like to see Beevers have his chance in the team. DJ must have seen something if we offered him a new deal.

Edited by The Courteener

Yes, Beevers should be given a chance and he'll probaby get it on Tuesday night for a real tester against their giant Zigic. But DJ says he want another CB and the No 5 remains vacant.

Much as I would like to believe it, I can't see Danny Batth returning.

So I expect Beevers faces his most important week at the club - a make or break week.

Good luck to the lad; he's been loyal and very patient but I just have a niggle at the back of my mind that he's not quite good enough for where we all want to go.

Beevers has played in championship before and held his own, think some people forget how long we have had him... I think he will get his chance. He isnt first choice t the moment but im not sure DJ is 100% on his first choice. Proven by the fact that our COG is now a starter and @ 19;45 on monday every1 oon here didnt believe him to be a starter either. Just got to wait for the tewm to mould and gel and for each member to grab their shirt or there space on the bench or there cushy little padded seat up int box coz they cant gt a look in.

Edited by Warringtonowl

What we need is a 6ft plus defender that doesn't get beaten to headers by somebody 5' 8"

Was a bit worrying watching Gardener get bullied by that little grunter Ward the other day.

I'm all for Beevers playing, nothing against the lad at all, he's a decent player and he works hard, he is unlikely to be the long term answer though and I'd like to see another CB come in this week.

The 5 shirt is clearly set aside for a right-sided centre back and I'd imagine our captain.

It's a shame it's taking so long to get this key piece in place but, given the quality of our business so far, I imagine we aren't settling and the wait is making sure we get exactly the right man.

Exciting times!