'TEDDY JOHNSON' ?

Jermaine Johnson-Senior squad thumb_J_johnson.jpgA volcano of talent waiting to explode is probably the best way to describe the very popular yet unproven Jermaine Johnson.

Johnson was born in South St. Andrew in a community called Southside, to Marcia Potter, but was raised by his grandmother, Hyacinth Cann. He attended and played Manning Cup Football for Tivoli Comprehensive High School. He was also a Minor League Football player for Rae Town. Johnson graduated to Tivoli Gardens FC in the National Premier League, the top football league in Jamaica.

Johnson goes by the alias 'Teddy', and is a product of Jamaica’s youth system. He recently signed with English Premier League club, Bolton Wanderers, joining fellow countryman Ricardo Gardener, who is also with the English outfit.

A very explosive and skillful player with amazing dribbling abilities who goes by defenders at will. 'Teddy' is an attack-minded midfield player with an eye for goal. He has a good work ethic, which should serve him well since, according to him, all he wants to do is play football. 'Doing this for a living is what I always want to do because I cannot see myself doing anything else. I do not do anything else. I do not want to do anything else it is just football, and it is my life,' said the young man in a recent interview. And he does in fact play the game quite well, a beauty to behold when on the go.

• This artice has been viewed 14669 times.
    www search for Jermaine Johnson
    Fact File: Jermaine Johnson ALIAS Teddy DOB Wednesday, June 25, 1980 POSITION Midfield CAPS CURRENT CLUB Bolton Wanderers FC (Eng) PREVIOUS CLUB(s) Tivoli Gardens FC (Jam) ACHIEVEMENTS

Surely this was common knowledge? Well..... maybe to all those who have facebook stalked him in the past and noticed that on every post between him and family/friends they are calling him Teddy. Not that I have ever participated in such events. He does have a nice collection of hats and t-shirts mind.

Surely this was common knowledge? Well..... maybe to all those who have facebook stalked him in the past and noticed that on every post between him and family/friends they are calling him Teddy. Not that I have ever participated in such events. He does have a nice collection of hats and t-shirts mind.

lol

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Inspired by the famous Teddy Johnson who worked with Pearl Carr. Google it you don't beleeeeeve!

My thoughts too I was just reminiscing whether it would be his grandmother referring to that well known pop duo...

I've just come off the Crry thread with Dennis Tanner.. must have been about the same era.

oh those were the days....

Elsie Tanner, Beverly Sisters, Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson... Billie thingy who used to play for Spurrs and our mighty owls nearly doing the double and then progressing to the FA cup final in 66... ohhhh... wonderful.

Oh not to mention Ena Sharples and Minnie Cauldwell and that other dear that died in the snug at the rovers...

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Since Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson sang our Eurovision entry in 1959 (surely we all remember it we finished second), it appears Johnsons around the world have adopted the knickname. It's a wonder Reda's not called Teddy as well. Thing is, will we now adopt JJ's previously hidden knickname?

I've seen Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson twice! They were big friends of Morecambe and Wise and were on the bill whenever they toured. End of the pier in Blackpool and Nottingham. Interesting eh?

I 'm sure I remember seeing them end of the pier in Nottingham too, wasn't the sea a bit rough that night?