Rob Jones v Gardener

Buxton was at fault for the second goal, letting M'voto (I think) get inside him (although in fairness, he had a good running start, it was a great cross, and he is huge).

The first was just sloppy defending all round and a good finish.

Gardner in the second half looked commanding, composed and far superior to Jones. Taking nothing away from Jones though - he is great at league one level for all the hoof-ballers

Don't like these sort of threads, never in his wildest dreams would Rob Jones be spoken about in the same breath as Anthony Gardner, fact. However his wholehearted displays for us when called upon last season are remembered fondly

You question a players ability after 90 mins of football and you tell me "to calm down dear"

Questioned the players ability?

Stated a fact about a players performance, in a thread about said player ... Uri says put your dummy back in post-445-0-01709500-1328982834_thumb.png

Personally can't see what Gardener has got that saw Jones leave. Not saying Jones is championship quality and admitedly he does lack in the technical side of the game. But there is no way he would allowed us to go 2 down last night. FISHCAKE ?

Guest We Shall Overcome

Personally can't see what Gardener has got that saw Jones leave. Not saying Jones is championship quality and admitedly he does lack in the technical side of the game. But there is no way he would allowed us to go 2 down last night.

Thank God your not Wednesdays Manager.

Personally can't see what Gardener has got that saw Jones leave. Not saying Jones is championship quality and admitedly he does lack in the technical side of the game. But there is no way he would allowed us to go 2 down last night.

You're right. Gardner managed an England cap, was signed by both Spurs and Hull City for big money and played in the Premier League, and Jones has played for Spennymoor, Gateshead, Stockport, Grimsby, Hibernian and Scod canyonhorpe. No contest really.

Questioned the players ability?

Stated a fact about a players performance, in a thread about said player ... Uri says put your dummy back in

So Its a fact that Gardner is mentally slow?........................Tell Uri its good to see he his still befriending loony tunes.

Guest justcraig

I've not even read the above posts as this thread is ridiculous!

Some people are quite simply stupid! In fact I'm not even going to justify my post by stating the obvious! Jesus! Can't wait until school starts again!

So Its a fact that Gardner is mentally slow?........................Tell Uri its good to see he his still befriending loony tunes.

'Gardner looked mentally slow / positionally poor ... Lets just hope he gets sharper with games.'

In last nights game he did.

I really don't know what is so confusing and offensive about that statement ... I'm pretty sure DJ agrees

Guest North Stand Owl....

Facepalm_gif.gif

lol Brilliant!

This thread is a joke tbh, gardener is way better than jones, he was a good presence to have defence at leauge 1, championship is he good enough? In my opinion, no. Too slow for starters wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace in the championship. And not as assured in his tackles, gardener however is faster and has a good strong tackle on him, good defender in my opinion. And a whole lot better than jones.