Madine and Maguire

Injuries:

Madine says hes got a lump under his knee

anyone heard what was wrong with Maguire, or was he took off cos hes a light weight??

P.s. Cogba is a beast...man of match, must like it at Oldham cos imo was mom last season there as well.

Guest foreverSWFC

Think Maguire was being rested for Derby. He'll be up for that game so will definitely start.

Don't think he looked lightweight, just couldn't get the ball.

not sure i saw any sign of injury on Maguire, think it was a tactical decision tbh.

COG and Pecnik wouldnt be bad shouts to start upfront at weekend, but we will need another striker on the bench at least.

I think that COG and Pecnik are the option to go with on Saturday.

For one they were excellent in the second half, particularly O'Grady.

Secondly, I think the 4-4-1-1 system we adopted may suit us in our first away game in the Championship.

Edited by SiJ

Guest intercity0wl

Madine sometimes wee wees me off, I'm not sure if he was injured last night or just bone idle - did he actually touch the ball first half?

Maguire worked his arse off but, IMO, Cogba showed both of them up last night.

Only sometimes ???, he does it to me regular, cannot believe he is supposed to be such a beast out on the street, think he will get found out big time at this level, and spend even more time dumped on his arse by quality central defenders.

I just think his cult status is down to some of the poo poo we had playing before he came, he aint much better but that slight improvement was enough for many to go OTT with his rating, puts tin hat on.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest Sheff Owl

Not sure if Maguire picked up an injury but he just couldn't get into the game, he was getting knocked of the ball to easily.

I reckon it'll be O'Grady and Maguire up front on Saturday. IMO, Jones will recognise how up for the game Maguire will be after how he left Pride Park.

Pecnik looked okay, but shouldn't be up front; he put a shift in yesterday, but that isn't his natural position