Madine and Maguire

I reckon it'll be O'Grady and Maguire up front on Saturday. IMO, Jones will recognise how up for the game Maguire will be after how he left Pride Park.

Pecnik looked okay, but shouldn't be up front; he put a shift in yesterday, but that isn't his natural position

He looked more natural than maguire did

Only sometimes ???, he does it to me regular, cannot believe he is supposed to be such a beast out on the street, think he will get found out big time at this level, and spend even more time dumped on his arse by quality central defenders.

I just think his cult status is down to some of the poo poo we had playing before he came, he aint much better but that slight improvement was enough for many to go OTT with his rating, puts tin hat on.

Glad somebody else thinks it - thought I was going mental.

Honestly don't think Madine is good enough for Championship level and I think some people forget how much the league's improved since we were relegated. Seems more interested in getting in slanging matches on twitter than actually getting his head down.

Please prove me wrong.

Knowing what a fit and on form Madine offers, I think the stuff I saw from Maguire on loan at pompey, the two would complement each other very well Problem is, neither looked anywhere near fit last night, which is worrying as the season has already started

Guest silvergusy

Looking at some old footage of MaGuire i don't think he's ever been a skiny lad, strong and stocky but maybe it was just me i thought he looked a little top heavey. If that's muscle then fairplay as it didn't appear to slow him down much as he covered the ground well and really didn't have much other than the chance before he was taken off but the ball was coming back far to easily in the first half.

Hopefully with the performance of COG and another striker to come Madine can be alowed get himself sorted without the pressure of us needing him back before he is ready.

Madine is obviously injured and I can see it being a stop start season for him. Maguire played poo pooe but as has already been said it is early days for him.

O'Grady was a big factor in us turning it around last night and this was as much down to his hold up play as the goals he scored. I thought before last nights game that he may offer more this season than a lot of people expect. I just think he'll benefit from the more space he's likely to get and there won't be many defenders at Championship level that will relish mixing it with him?

As for Pecnik he looked useful playing further forward reminded me of Gerald Sibon with some of his play but he reminded me more of Colin West with his Penalty Technique :biggrin: