What does 'good football' mean to you?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Barcelona?

Thundering, barnstorming nonsensical running and hard work?

Crosses whipped into the box?

Exciting, open games?

The sort of stuff that we produced towards the end of last season under Jones is the sort of football that I would call "good".

Good tempo, keeping it on the deck as much as possible, players moving around with a degree of freedom and good width and pace on the flanks.

In a fantasy land we produce stuff like Barcelona (Barcelona are not boring, though Spain can be at times), but that ain't ever going to happen.

The sort of stuff that we produced towards the end of last season under Jones is the sort of football that I would call "good".

Good tempo, keeping it on the deck as much as possible, players moving around with a degree of freedom and good width and pace on the flanks.

This, like Spurs.

Use the width as much as possible, two attacking wingers, keep it on the floor (unless you can't) and attack..

Guest intercity0wl

Winning football. Even when megson had us playing direct last season I didn't care as long as we were winning games

Fast and effective. I couldn't care less if chances are created through 100 passes, or if the ball doesn't touch the floor... I just can't stand watching slow football (i.e. Watching England - passing it across the back four for 10 minutes, trying to 'wear down' opponents, it bores me no-end)

Guest foreverSWFC

Get the ball on the floor, quick wingers who provide the creativity, two holding midfielders who keep posession and keep the game moving.

Winning football. Even when megson had us playing direct last season I didn't care as long as we were winning games

This.

As long as we win that's all that matters, why play tippy tappy football and lose? Barca and Spain do it brilliantly and win, fair enough I would love that at Wednesday but winning is all that matters to the fans.

Guest JonTheOwl66

This.

As long as we win that's all that matters, why play tippy tappy football and lose? Barca and Spain do it brilliantly and win, fair enough I would love that at Wednesday but winning is all that matters to the fans.

Surely you were more entertained with Jones' football though?

When it is us I am watching, winning is all that really matters, if I am watching somebody else who I have no affinity with I prefer a lot of chances created no matter how they come about. I am also a fan of the hard working, hard tackling center mid player, one of those on either side can make for an interesting game but whether that counts as good football I am not sure. Also enjoy people playing forward rather than side to side all the time.

depends what you mean by good football. from a managers pov good football will be every player doing as they are told (staying in position, keeping possession to create chances etc). fans dont usually care as much as long as the team win.

personally i like watching every player bursting a gut to get forward when attacking and closing down spaces when defending, the sort of stuff that keeps you on the edge of your seat and not down by the food stalls grabbing a pie

When its us its win at all costs. I enjoyed Wilkinsons direct style as well as Atkinsons fluid football.

I like watching Barcelona , the movement and passing of Xavi is brilliant, the way he is always available and even when hes tightly marked still willing to recieve the ball and come out with it in yards of space. However they do sometimes overdo it with the passing as do Arsenal. Sometimes it just needs someone to have a crack or get it in the mixer. If a game is boring on the telly I like to watch individual battles to see who comes out on top. e.g Centre half vs striker , or winger vs full back and especially which centre midfielder comes out on top.

I don't think it's all about how you play, I think it's how the game itself plays out. My favourite Wednesday match was away at Stamford Bridge, around 96? I had me programme signed by Steve Nichol, we was loosing 2-1 at last knockings, if I remember right Dejan Stefanovic took hold of a loose ball outside their box and smashed it in. 2-2, the smarmy Chelsea illegitimates shut up sharpish and I remember walking up The kIngs Road and all you heard was Wednesday singing, ws like being in Sheffield..........................How did we play the game go tactically?? I don't remember...For me that says it all.

Barcelona are the benchmark for me.

Us under big Ron and trev.

Passing with confidence, movement and pressing high up the pitch when without the ball

Players interchanging positions and not dwelling on the ball.

Intelligence is the main thing that I like to see. Finding creative ways of breaking opponents down.

Personally I get bored out of my head watching Spanish, Italian and international football its all a tippy tappy passing across the back four borefest. The whole reason English football and the premier league in particular is the most watched in the world, is because its played at a high tempo, with power,passion and excitement and in my book that's what it should all be about