Make of this what you will but the same person wrote the following

@Itkagent1962: To clarify on Ryan Lowe. He's a cracking forward & an even better bloke. However, his age is standing against him Dave Jones. (cont) #swfc

@Itkagent1962: (cont) the manager is after, younger, long term targets. There is actual belief behind the scenes that the club can go up again. #swfc

@Itkagent1962: Noises suggest that they are aiming high with the targets suggested by DJ.I i fancy them personally for the play offs, great support. #swfc

Guest aj_owl

Good footballing brain, makes good runs off the ball but his conversion rate to chances sometimes lets him down,

Not a dig at you personally but this always drives me mad. If he buried everyone then he'd be world class. If he buried half as many he had he would have had 30+ last season. He always looks this way because his runs and work create 3-4 chances more per game than any other striker we had last season. Should have had miles more game time last season than COG and Ranger did.

he won't be good enough for the championship at 23 let alone 33

there's a reason he's been in the lower leagues all his career, 32 goals for shrewsbury in 171 games when he was in his mid 20's, he wasn't prolific at all in L2 until he went to bury

Guest foreverSWFC

there's a reason he's been in the lower leagues all his career, 32 goals for shrewsbury in 171 games when he was in his mid 20's, he wasn't prolific at all in L2 until he went to bury

Players hit their peak at different times, who cares how old he is, he's a good striker who could cut it at Championship level. Look at Grant Holt, he spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues and now is peaking in the Premier League.

He played well enough last season to deserve to stay, scored 17 goals when being used sparingly is a bloody good tally.

That's odd because Rob Staton tweeted the other day that Dave Jones felt he could be affective at Championship level.

I always have my doubts about tweet accounts that include "ITK" in their names.

I don't think this kid has ever got anything right and gets slagged off all the time lol

I'll say it again, Ryan Lowe will be back at Bury next year. I liked him as a player and thought he could have been used less sparingly last season. He proved that he was good enough to play in a promotion winning league one side and could probably hold his against lower level championship sides. Unfortunately for Ryan, things have moved on for Sheffield Wednesday and we now see ourselves as championship promotion prospects. As BG said, we may have to steel ourselves to the departure of a few more of our favourites.

Guest foreverSWFC

I'll say it again, Ryan Lowe will be back at Bury next year. I liked him as a player and thought he could have been used less sparingly last season. He proved that he was good enough to play in a promotion winning league one side and could probably hold his against lower level championship sides. Unfortunately for Ryan, things have moved on for Sheffield Wednesday and we now see ourselves as championship promotion prospects. As BG said, we may have to steel ourselves to the departure of a few more of our favourites.

Championship promotion prospects?

Please do not get your hopes up, still ALOT of work to be done before I think that is realistic.

True, and it was based more on what MM and PA seem to think rather than my opinion However, with the right signings you never know. I certainly wouldn't have made Southampton promotion challengers this time last year

Make of this what you will but the same person wrote the following

@Itkagent1962: To clarify on Ryan Lowe. He's a cracking forward & an even better bloke. However, his age is standing against him Dave Jones. (cont) #swfc

@Itkagent1962: (cont) the manager is after, younger, long term targets. There is actual belief behind the scenes that the club can go up again. #swfc

@Itkagent1962: Noises suggest that they are aiming high with the targets suggested by DJ.I i fancy them personally for the play offs, great support. #swfc

'In the know agent', does anyone fancy making one called 'knowsnothingkangaroo' and seeing how many people believe it, in fact it's probably already been done.

@tellingyouforafactrumours Sheffield Wednesday would reportedly be interested in Jimmy Greaves but the club's time machine is delaying the move.

'In the know agent', does anyone fancy making one called 'knowsnothingkangaroo' and seeing how many people believe it, in fact it's probably already been done.

@tellingyouforafactrumours Sheffield Wednesday would reportedly be interested in Jimmy Greaves but the club's time machine is delaying the move.

We used the same engineer as the blunts fax machine

He played most of his early career in midfield/wing hence the goals per game ratio.

comedy, criticising Lowes goals conversion ratio, whilst suggesting we should look to sign Ranger.. who is hardly prolific himself.

Id keep him, think he offers us something different - i would be more unhappy if we signed Ranger than kept Lowe.

He played most of his early career in midfield/wing hence the goals per game ratio.

That explains a lot, his movement, guile, obvious football brain. Can't for the life of me understand why he didn't get more of a chance last season. Yes, he missed a few, yes, I wish he were 5 years younger but as was said earlier that movement and obvious desire got him those chances where others may not have. As for his goal tally, we need to take into account that he had injury problems for a while and he played for 80% of the season in a "long ball" team where height was all important!

There is no room for sentiment, so sentiment apart he deserves a chance at Championship level, albeit as a squad player, and I believe that he could finish on a high with us in a league where there are a few more footballing sides than the third tier.

Being pragmatic, if he didn't succeed then he would still be worth a few bob to a L1 or2 club in the January window.

He's not quick enough. End of. If he stays he will be a squad player.

Like his attitude and desire but he aint the player some fans seem to think he is.

Is anyone suggesting he should start every game? i havent seen it, but he offers us something off the bench, and i think he will score goals in the championship. Every club needs an experienced poacher, thats what Lowe is. For his wages, i doubt we will get anything equivalent for less money.

Like his attitude and desire but he aint the player some fans seem to think he is.

Kevin Phlips, Keith Treacy, even Trevor Francis when he came to us etc. etc. Quick? I think not! Yes it's an asset to be quick off the mark but there's much more to the game than that.

Edited by lesbarbeux

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love him to bits but the Champ defences would completely dominate him .