Kevin Phlips, Keith Treacy, even Trevor Francis when he came to us etc. etc. Quick? I think not! Yes it's an asset to be quick off the mark but there's much more to the game than that.

You can't be serious comparing Lowe to philips and francis?

Don't get me wrong i like lowe, and i think he'd get maybe 6 or 7 goals in the championship.

If these come in the last 10 mins as an impact sub then great. But he will just line the pockets

of most championship defenders.

Guest Big Guns

You can't be serious comparing Lowe to philips and francis?

Don't get me wrong i like lowe, and i think he'd get maybe 6 or 7 goals in the championship.

If these come in the last 10 mins as an impact sub then great. But he will just line the pockets

of most championship defenders.

That's nowt that

Once on here djmortimer compared

Cog to Dennis Bergkamp....

i'd really like to know what happened to that guy, and what is going on inside his head. for all the jokes, banter and insults about him, to see his immense talent go to waste is saddening; 15yrs ago, he had the world at his feet. did fame and fortune taint him - did he believe too much of his own hype i wonder? such a shame...

He likes Lines a lot.

(As a player :dry: ).

Hence why i said he would be a squad player. Last 10 minutes at best

And i havent heard him complain about being a squad player, nor seen anyone on here suggesting he would be anything other than a squad player.

But he deserves a chance

And i havent heard him complain about being a squad player, nor seen anyone on here suggesting he would be anything other than a squad player.

But he deserves a chance

Not sure what your point is? I'm not having a go at Lowe? My opinion is he's too slow

and he would be a decent impact sub.

I've not said everyone else is wanting him to start and i've also not heard he's complained

He's not quick enough. End of. If he stays he will be a squad player.

Like his attitude and desire but he aint the player some fans seem to think he is.

Is anyone suggesting he should start every game? i havent seen it, but he offers us something off the bench, and i think he will score goals in the championship. Every club needs an experienced poacher, thats what Lowe is. For his wages, i doubt we will get anything equivalent for less money.

Your original point, my reply to it.

Not sure what your point is? I'm not having a go at Lowe? My opinion is he's too slow

and he would be a decent impact sub.

I've not said everyone else is wanting him to start and i've also not heard he's complained

My point is that at no point has him accepting he is only a squad player been raised as an issue. so if hes happy with it, id be happy to keep him. If hes wanting to make 30+ starts next season, he wont get them here.

If Lowe and CO'G both leave I would like to see Rhys Murphy brought in as back up striker. I've seen him play for ROI U-21's vs very strong Italy side couple of days ago, and he really impressed. He played as a lone striker, worked hard, and got kicked a lot. Credit for him is that he allways got up, and back for more. Has really good first touch and I can see him fitting in really well if we would take him on sensible wages as development player who would be able to help right now as well.

Guest Big Guns

[quote name=dnhc' timestamp='1

338992603' post='3743275]

if he'd said that about YOU...

he'd have got a million +... :tango:

Have you seen my rep lately I've cleard 500 minusus in a month

Roll on the season back to business as usual

Didn't Rhys Murphy struggle for Preston in league one or am I thinking of someone else?

Yep, thats him, though can't really judge him on one bad spell in a team where no one really impressed.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I still stand by the news I got that Ryan Lowe is 100% staying with the club. I can completely guarantee (no bullshit) that Ryan Lowe will be playing for Sheffield Wednesday on August 18th. He probably won't be first choice as we are targeting two strikers, but he will be available for selection if he's fit.

Guest foreverSWFC

I still stand by the news I got that Ryan Lowe is 100% staying with the club. I can completely guarantee (no bullshit) that Ryan Lowe will be playing for Sheffield Wednesday on August 18th. He probably won't be first choice as we are targeting two strikers, but he will be available for selection if he's fit.

hi jon.

Guest JonTheOwl66

hi jon.

Ey up lad. I've just had a quick browse on here to check on any news I may have missed and saw this thread. Felt complied to correct everybody.