RADIO SHEFFIELD like a woman

I don't know what is going to happen to RS football coverage. Does anyone else?

Originally the BBC said they were going to cut the national local radio budget by 15 million.

After complaints they have reduced this to 8 million.

They have said that all local radio - from 7:00pm will be national 'local radio' to save money (I don't how this is supposed to work).

So it may be that evening coverage of games and FH will go?

Does anyone know the implications of the cuts for RS and local football?

Originally the BBC said they were going to cut the national local radio budget by 15 million.

They have said that all local radio - from 7:00pm will be national 'local radio' to save money (I don't how this is supposed to work).

It will just mean endless coverage of LEEDS UNITED games on our local network from 7pm.IE as BBC RADIO SHEFFIELD/LEEDS/YORK become one.

This became very common with a lot of local commercial radio stations. They all got bought out by the same conglomerates and only now do local stuff at breakfast and evening drive time.

They will have to keep football heaven..I mean you cannot unleash Brian The Blade Yorkshirewide...he needs to be kept quarantined in South Yorkshire...Its bad enough folk from Sheffield knowing he's from Sheffield..but to have him from Humber to Headingly will be nowt short of humiliating...

This became very common with a lot of local commercial radio stations. They all got bought out by the same conglomerates and only now do local stuff at breakfast and evening drive time.

and if that was to be the case,then instead of having the Steel City Derby on RS in the future we will just end up with wall to wall coverage of meaningless PL games such Swansea v Wigan and Fulham v West Brom on the local network.

Guest foreverSWFC

Very poor over the Gardner situation.

They should have kept their mouth shut until they knew it was 100% concrete.

Very poor over the Gardner situation.

They should have kept their mouth shut until they knew it was 100% concrete.

Welcome to the era of 24 hour rolling TV news coverage and social networking where bullsh*t travels faster and further than ever before.

To be fair, they can only report what the club tell them. Admitted, they might have jumped the gun a bit with this one.

I don't think they're the only ones tho, hadn't the star already got him signed sealed and delivered. RS were reluctant to release the name at first

I am finding them extremely poor. They say they're first for football exclusives but they only seem to have news about Doncaster, Chesterfield and Rotherham but that's only because no one else covers them.

Majority of signings last season came from Percy long before radio Sheffield reported it.

Fair enough they can't say information about a player before he signs but I don't agree with how they constantly through the day keep saying it will be announced shortly and then last minute Friday night say will be next week because this has now happened 2 weeks in a row.