RADIO SHEFFIELD like a woman

Robert Jackson COME BACK ALL IS FORGIVEN!

No it isn't. MASSIVE pig. And we had to listen to his drivel at half time for a good few years. Not sure he had much common sense either. I remember him announcing a "kids for a pound" day... Sounded a bit dodgy instead of a master stroke of advertising. thrower.

Guest Paulos_Medication

tbh I LOVE FH, and the match coverage by radio Sheffield. I don't live in sheffield so a combination of radio Sheffield and owlstalk and wednesday player keeps me up to speed. If you listen to the sports output of radio Leeds, York and other BBC local radio we are miles ahead of most other areas so don't take it for granted. Teesside radio is pretty good for sports but in general radio Sheffield puts the others to shame. Yes it's not perfect but at least it's not the Sheffield star !

Guest Ripley Owl

tbh I LOVE FH, and the match coverage by radio Sheffield. I don't live in sheffield so a combination of radio Sheffield and owlstalk and wednesday player keeps me up to speed. If you listen to the sports output of radio Leeds, York and other BBC local radio we are miles ahead of most other areas so don't take it for granted. Teesside radio is pretty good for sports but in general radio Sheffield puts the others to shame. Yes it's not perfect but at least it's not the Sheffield star !

Good post, most other people whining about Radio Sheffield, will be whining even more when they dilute the coverage.

I think they do a cracking job with the resources at their disposal.

Thought I heard that the BBC weren't cutting back as much as planned - normal local radio will have a wider audience ie one breadkfast show across Yorkhsire etc, but the sport will stay very local as it is

Guest aphextwins

Radio Sheffield is terrible. I've heard phone ins such as "what's in your freezer" and "how many people are in your family" BUT Football heaven/Praise or grumble is brilliant compared to other areas local football coverage.

A lot if people hammer Football heaven but really we don't know how lucky we are to have it.

We should have our own radio station

I mean, how difficult can it be? :mellow:

I mean an official one from the club...

but failing that an unofficial Internet streaming *Owlstalk Radio*

I have 2 mates who have two different stations churning out Soul music 24 hours a day

just a thought!

Edited by Davidioso

I mean an official one from the club...

but failing that an unofficial Internet streaming *Owlstalk Radio*

I have 2 mates who have two different stations churning out Soul music 24 hours a day

just a thought!

The broadcasting rights for football commentary would be very expensive tho. So it would basically be a bunch of Wednesday fans giving their opinions. Sometimes it's bad enough having to read it on here without having to hear what they round like too lol

The broadcasting rights for football commentary would be very expensive tho. So it would basically be a bunch of Wednesday fans giving their opinions. Sometimes it's bad enough having to read it on here without having to hear what they round like too lol

yeah, you're probably right

might be worth an experiment tho

own football heaven

quizzes

youtube stuff (audio)

the media is always getting slagged off on here for bias

(the irrritating 'noone loves us' syndrome)

why not have your own media?

doesn't cost a lot

Welcome to the era of 24 hour rolling TV news coverage and social networking where bullsh*t travels faster and further than ever before.

Isn't that the truth!

It is getting to the stage were you'd rather just switch it off because there is no way of telling what's real and what's not these days. Half of what's happened with the Gardner situation is more than likely down to the fact that peeps at RS felt they had to release something to keep a little of their own credibility intact because there is so much direct interaction with reporters who are 'demanding' to know what's going on.

I would rather not know about the transfers until the club announces it and be surprised with a good name like Kirkland.....no-one saw that coming at all.

I'm still dubious as to whether Gardner will happen, his hamstring was virtually pulled off the bone when he did it and he isn't predicted to be returning back to training for at least 3 months so how can they give a thorough enough diagnosis about what his fitness will be like afterwards? Dougie Freedman at Palace isn't moving the earth to keep him so maybe that should tell us something.

Tbf its all about demographics - RS general mantra is to appeal to as wider range as possible so not everyone is going to like it.

The opinions of those no longer based in sheff who have/are experiencing other local radio station footy coverage are those I find most valid with regards judging the quality. By in large RS gets the thumbs by these people

My major criticism is that FH is hosted by Journalist who are too close to the clubs and require a good working relationship - to freshen the format up they should pull in some opinionated ex pros who have no vested interests so can be more critical - a proper debate! The North East stations used to do this well!

But you will miss it when the emphasis is always west Yorkshire!!!

An owl only station appeals but could become tiresome for many pretty quickly plus be populated by poor content or worst still become a bit of a clique similar to this site in many ways.

As for exclusives - well Percy as know regular contact so is free in many ways to break news doesn't mean Walker and co are not also informed

Guest foreverSWFC

I'd rather know what they know tbh. They'd be slated either way

I'd not want to know anything, unless they are 100% positive on the situation.

Like Dave Jones said, he doesn't like to comment on a player signing, because if it doesn't happen the fans will be dissapointed. That is exactly what happened on Friday.

I'd not want to know anything, unless they are 100% positive on the situation.

Like Dave Jones said, he doesn't like to comment on a player signing, because if it doesn't happen the fans will be dissapointed. That is exactly what happened on Friday.

Preference innit. If it bothers you that much just check the official page. Or wait until you see them on the pitch

Originally the intention was that only one station would cover a game. So coverage would be shared. Thus, at Leeds away say, we would have to take Radio Leeds' commentary along with their journalists.

Don't know if the reduction in cuts has changed this.

But National 7:00 pm 'local coverage' is still going to take place - with sport possibly being an exception.

As an exile, I think RS, for all the complaints, is brilliant.

Any dilution in coverage will be a shame. But, I can't find out what the final shake up will look like.