Kenny Lunt again

Looks like we might have him for another season judging by recent postings on our forum. This is a typical comment from the forum about Sir Kenny.........

"These are the facts regarding Kenny Lunt:

When we signed him he was an exceptionally aware and gifted player... on high wages.

We continued to play him out of position.

He frequently produced average performances.

We dropped him.

He came back.

We signed him up again... on slightly reduced wages.

We dropped him.

He came back.

He had a few moments in games where he did something which nobody else on the pitch could do (which, in reality isn't saying much).

At the start, I loved him. Then I became frustrated by Trewick playing him out of position. At this stage almost every single person on this forum said he was a lazy waste of place, including every single one of what has come to be known as 'the clique'. Since that time, he has (through no fault of his own) plummeted in quality, barring occasional displays of the class he has. Strangely, during this decline his popularity with boths the fans and the clique has rocketed through the roof.

Now, I always like to position myself on the extreme end of opinions (except in regards to the important things in life) but with Kenny, I really don't know what to say. I think my opinion is that I would love it if we got rid of him. This is partly based on the above, and partly based on the fact that I admire him as a player. We should just save the money, spend it on some '110%' youngster, and release Kenny so he can graze other Blue Square pastures, perhaps in a team who are able to play him properly.

See you later Kenny, thanks for all those lovely through balls which nobody was ever to get onto."

So there you go - Kenny Lunt - occasional displays of class. Want him back at Hillsborough anyone? Oh go on, we could do with the money!!

Edited by darra

Kenny Lunt actually exists?

I thought that him, Burton O'Brien, Yoann Folly and Adam Bolder were just names that we made up because we didn't have enough players to field a team.

I will not hear a bad word said against these three players. I liked BOB. No idea why really, but he always seemed to try. Yoann Folly has an amazing name and had cool hair. Adam Bolder scored against the blunts.

Kenny Lunt actually exists?

I thought that him, Burton O'Brien, Yoann Folly and Adam Bolder were just names that we made up because we didn't have enough players to field a team.

BOB you felt could've possibly been good in a different team (touch of the Potters about him), Bolder did a decent job on lona and scored two against t'blunts.

But Folly was class, should've played a lot more games under Laws and a Football Manager 2005 LEGEND

I never saw any class in Kenny Lunt, he was pretty dire, and overrated by his previous club.

Then again we have high standards here.

You talk about excellent through balls that nobody got on the end of. We call those misplaced passes and surrendering possession.

My memory of Kenny Lunt is for some incident to occur midway through the second half and for me to suddenly think to myself 'bloody hell - I'd forgotten he was even out there'. He might be the most consistently invisible player we've ever had.

Edited by DJMortimer

My memory of Kenny Lunt is for some incident to occur midway through the second half and for me to suddenly think to myself 'bloody hell - I'd forgotten he was even out there'. He might be the most consistently invisible player we've ever had.

Tom Soares gave him a good run for his money.

Looks like we might have him for another season judging by recent postings on our forum. This is a typical comment from the forum about Sir Kenny.........

"These are the facts regarding Kenny Lunt:

When we signed him he was an exceptionally aware and gifted player... on high wages.

We dropped him.

He came back.

We signed him up again... on slightly reduced wages.

We dropped him.

He came back.

He had a few moments in games where he did something which nobody else on the pitch could do (which, in reality isn't saying much).

At the start, I loved him. Then I became frustrated by Trewick playing him out of position. At this stage almost every single person on this forum said he was a lazy waste of place, including every single one of what has come to be known as 'the clique'. Since that time, he has (through no fault of his own) plummeted in quality, barring occasional displays of the class he has. Strangely, during this decline his popularity with boths the fans and the clique has rocketed through the roof.

Now, I always like to position myself on the extreme end of opinions (except in regards to the important things in life) but with Kenny, I really don't know what to say. I think my opinion is that I would love it if we got rid of him. This is partly based on the above, and partly based on the fact that I admire him as a player. We should just save the money, spend it on some '110%' youngster, and release Kenny so he can graze other Blue Square pastures, perhaps in a team who are able to play him properly.

See you later Kenny, thanks for all those lovely through balls which nobody was ever to get onto."

So there you go - Kenny Lunt - occasional displays of class. Want him back at Hillsborough anyone? Oh go on, we could do with the money!!

could you of done that any smaller, ya need chuffing magnifying glass lol