Dave Jones

A few weeks ago I said to mi fatha that we finally have a manger who has pedigree.

Even with promotion with Sturrock there was no chance of a club coming in for him.

When was the last time we had a manager who was likely to be poached - Francis?

Good point. And the last time we actually had a manager poached from us was Big Ron - more than 20 years ago!

Guest UKBob

66/1 on Corals but only 5/1 at Paddy Power. Gregos Traitorelli doesn't support us by any chance does he?

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

What's point in DJ taking step backwards.

He's steering HMS wee wee the league.

David Moyes, Alex McLeish, Villas Boas, Pepe Guardiola, Di Canio, Keith Hill, Roberto Martinez, PHIL NEVILLE are just a few of the managers with shorter odds

DiCanio has just signed a new contract extention.

I wanted him when Megson was sacked and would probably still want him in the unlikely event of Jones leaving.

Guest SouthStand Gentleman

Seems unlikely to me.

But...

Wonder what sort of compensation we'd want if it was to happen?

Liverpool are paying Swansea £5-6M, so probably similar?

I think probably around £3-4M as Mandaric won't let him go cheap but Swansea will want to keep some of the money they got in compensation for Rodgers. However I can't see him leaving....(I hope!)

Edited by SouthStand Gentleman

DJ going to Swansea would be akin to McCleish going to Villa. Not a good idea imo. You start off with the fans hating you, basically, even before a ball is kicked. I genuinely think he's too smart to do such a thing, even if asked.

If Jones goes, Megson comes back simples

Oh dear. . .

Can't see it happening, but then we are talking about football.

The managerial domino effect is in full swing in the Premiership at the moment.

Biggest worry for me, in some ways more than him getting appointed which I can't see happening, is if Swansea adopt the approach of talking to six or seven candidates that seems to be increasingly the rage in the top flight.

Can really disrupt clubs.

Edited by SiJ

I think probably around £3-4M as Mandaric won't let him go cheap but Swansea will want to keep some of the money they got in compensation for Rodgers. However I can't see him leaving....(I hope!)

Id always thought that manager compensation was determined by wages and length of contract, with the maximum amount being the full cost of buying out jones' contract with us. Obviously if jones wanted to speak to swansea we wouldnt be holding out for anywhere near the full amount, which i doubt is more than a couple of million anyway.

Reason rodgers' compensation was so high was because he'd just signed a 3 and a half year deal in feb, wasn't it?