Dave Jones

Guest kiltonowl

Bad move for Jones if it did happen. Regardless of who Swansea get (unless its guardiola, Mourinho etc) they will get relegated next year, Rodgers has done an unbelievable job there. Its not easy getting a team to play possention football like they play, as soon as they change the style of play (which is inevitable) they'll slide into obscurity, they simply dont have the personel to stay up.

Edited by kiltonowl

Thing about Swasea is that they have this very defined playing style that started with Martinez.

It is all about the 4-3-3 system and keeping possession of the ball.

Jones prefers a 4-4-2 with an emphasis upon wide players and attacking teams from the get go.

Both are advocates of good football, but I think they have quite different approaches.

Bad move for Jones if it did happen. Regardless of who Swansea get (unless its guardiola, Mourinho etc) they will get relegated next year, Rodgers has done an unbelievable job there. Its not easy getting a team to play possention football like they play, as soon as they change the style of play (which is inevitable) they'll slide into obscurity, they simply dont have the personel to stay up.

I think Jenkins is a pretty sensible chairman though - I'm sure he'll know the importance of bringing in someone who will continue the style of football that they already play.

After all, this is exactly what he did when he appointed Sousa after Martinez left, and again after Sousa was sacked.

They're also going to have a reasonable amount of money to spend this summer.

Jones signed a three and a half year contract in March....

In league one, having been a free agent and with mandaric's reasonably strict wage control. He was also interviewed while we still had a manger

Rodgers did so in the premiership, knowing full well that he'd attract attention from bigger clubs with successful, attractive football and therefore had a lot more bargaining power for negotiating a high wage

I obviously dont have access to accurate financial information, but id put money on rodgers contract being of a much higher value than jones'

I wondered to myself the last time one of our managers was approached by a different club?

Might be wrong. . .but didn't Burnley make enquiries about Brian Laws when he was our manager?

I know that they ended up appointing him after he got sacked by us, but I could swear that they were interested in him when he was our manager.

Jones is a much, much better manager by the way.

In league one, having been a free agent and with mandaric's reasonably strict wage control. He was also interviewed while we still had a manger

Rodgers did so in the premiership, knowing full well that he'd attract attention from bigger clubs with successful, attractive football and therefore had a lot more bargaining power for negotiating a high wage

I obviously dont have access to accurate financial information, but id put money on rodgers contract being of a much higher value than jones'

Alright, soz dad.

Guest Markowl1

Carnt see dj moving will want to finish the job pluses he saw for himself what potential there is at hillsborough but he may tell mm to give him more money I recon it's either cerbishley or holloway (sky say holloway is favorate)

Like has been said before whoever takes the Swansea job is potentially on a hiding to nothing. Let's face it, they aren't going to do any better than last season as imo they massively over-performed and that won't continue in their 2nd season, surely? There's only one way they will be going next season. And it's rather a 'specific' job to fill given their absolute cast iron belief in the passing game and formation. Of all the ones currently in the frame Poyet looks the best match to me. But whoever takes it will imo (relatively speaking) be seen as a failure. Expectation levels are way higher than a year ago...

Edited by Almat

Even with the fact they're Premier League, I don't see him going there. The way he talked about them on Radio Sheffield with Rob, he said that it went far beyond football rivalry and some of what came his way from them was awful.

Add to that everything he's experienced with us in a short space of time, the great feeling around us, the potential (being realised again at last) to take us all the way - I don't think he'd want to leave.