Confidence in the club

Compared to many recent closed seasons, I'm absolutely loving the feeling of knowing that we have got a serious team of people that really know what they are doing and taking care of business for us. I think so much of our fan base is with good reason almost paranoid from previous years that we find it hard to see where we actually are now - a well run, well managed, well coached, well supported Championship club with definite potential to get to the Premier league in the coming years and therefore a very attractive proposition to good players.

I love transfer speculation talk because it helps get through the summer but this year I believe we are in the driving seat and for once we have really good drivers who'll deliver the right players whether we're heard of them or not.

When was the last time you could have that confidence?

Compared to many recent closed seasons, I'm absolutely loving the feeling of knowing that we have got a serious team of people that really know what they are doing and taking care of business for us. I think so much of our fan base is with good reason almost paranoid from previous years that we find it hard to see where we actually are now - a well run, well managed, well coached, well supported Championship club with definite potential to get to the Premier league in the coming years and therefore a very attractive proposition to good players.

I love transfer speculation talk because it helps get through the summer but this year I believe we are in the driving seat and for once we have really good drivers who'll deliver the right players whether we're heard of them or not.

Exactly the same.

Haven't been this upbeat since the mid 90's tbh and that includes going up via the play offs in '05 due to the 25-30 million debt we had and the incumbents at that time.

Such a fantastic feeling around S6 right now and long may it continue.

Activities elsewhere obviously help too lol

UTO!

First time for me, only young in the 90's so didnt really think about anything related to boardrooms and such, so only really been aware of these things since about 99, and we all know how its been since then!

It feels so good to be an Owl at the moment. Was talking to my mate who's a Bolton fan in the pub last night.

“I don’t fancy our chances next season. I’m beginning to think Coyle isn’t the right man for the job… I don’t think I’ll support Bolton as much next season”

“Given than you didn’t go to any matches at all last season, how can you support them less?!?!?”

“I won’t watch Soccer Saturday every weekend”

lol

1990/91 mate.

I've been here a few times before, in fact a lot of fvckin times!!! I agree with the op though that at the moment it's as good as it's ever been. 2005 was brilliant at the time but was never built on firm foundations and TBH was never going to lead anywhere given the situation at the club at the time. The Waddle, Hirst etc era again was memorable but ended in shvt or bust where we spent like there was no tomorrow and relied on some end result that never materialised. The European ban cost us big time and some of the managers we ended up with didn't, and still don't (Danny boy) have a fvckin clue.

Maybe this time could be different. We have the right people in the right places throughout the club from top to bottom and a MASSIVE feel good factor but tinged with a healthy dose of realism from the fans. Hang on to your seats people it's goin to be a right fvckin ride!!!!!

Exactly the same.

Haven't been this upbeat since the mid 90's tbh and that includes going up via the play offs in '05 due to the 25-30 million debt we had and the incumbents at that time.

Such a fantastic feeling around S6 right now and long may it continue.

Activities elsewhere obviously help too lol

UTO!

Like the snortbeats imploding down at the swill eh? :tango:

spot on, early nineties we could do no wrong, but with dj's pedigree in the prem and chm/shp and the professionalism inside the club now i have a feeling these next couple of seasons will see a major turnaround in our fortunes. I'm confident good things are coming our way!

Coming out of the stadium I turned to my 8 year old and said "We did it"

Only a couple of seasons before I remember the awful feeling in my gut looking at his tear stained face at the end of the Palace game. He was only 6 and I didnt realise he cared, that vision broke my heart.

He was absolutely beaming after Wycombe. It was the third time that season that we had left the stadium still singing (something which used to be almost every game in the 90's) he was loving it.

I looked at his face - this time there were no tears, just a beaming smile to go with his blue and white face paint. I told him that it would be a long long time before this club saw League One again and that seemed to make him even more happier as he ran off bouncing and singing.

And I honestly believe it. Milan Manderic has proven that he wont accept anything but the best and Dave Jones is simply a winner. Im not saying we will walk the league, far from it..... but one this is certain, we wont be in a relegation battle. We have the core of a good squad, far better than the last time we got promoted. The manager and the chairman will find the players who make this club more than capable of competing in the Championship, I'm certain of that.

Bring on more of the good times..... Wednesday are back, Wednesday are back, hello, hello!