Gripes of the Season

This has obviously been the best ever, ever season for Wednesday and just generally. But that doesn't stop football fans, being football fans from having a few issues, as highlighted in this Guardian article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/10/gripe-of-the-season-premier-league

I totally agree with them on the Blackburn thing and we all know only tin point teams play goal scoring music as we've heard it at Bumhole Lane, but I personally like the "do what we want" chant.

What gripe would you add to the list?

I'd say ...

* Media fawning over Martinez for Wigan's late season rally. If his tactics and training etc were so good they wouldn't have been in a relegation dog fight in the first place.

* Just Wigan generally, and all small time teams that are taking our rightful place in the Prem (as with the steretype I'm a deluded arrogant Wednesday fan :laugh: ) like Bolton.

* The Football League Show, where to even start ...

* And finally Alan Shearer's habit of saying "done" when he means "did". e.g. "he was signed to put crosses in the box, and he done that all game today" aaaahhhhhh! makes me want to tear my heair out!

Sheffield United fans - demonstrating against the appointment of Danny Wilson pior to a ball being kicked in the season

Eden Hazard - for the most long drawn out transfer saga seen since Cesc Fabregas

Joey Barton - for attempting to absolve himself of any responsibility for his actions in the club's most important game of the season

Guest lamort

How even our national newspapers are forever getting the most obvious football facts wrong - as an example in this Guardian article a real howler states: "...Blackburn stayed up..." - I'm pretty sure they didn't! :wacko:

Guest lamort

Titus Bramble.

oops sorry, i misread the thread title...

Genius... I can hear peoples cogs whirring! :)

I thought that was a good article by the guardian. lol

I especially liked the last one.

Foul throws not being punished

Foul throws don't really matter. There's not much of an advantage to be gained from them. Even so, it would be nice if they could occasionally be penalised, if only to tail the millionaire footballer's ego now and again, make him feel like the countless Sunday League footballers who don't know how to do a throw-in properly. Go to a live game and it's almost guaranteed you will see at least three or four foul throws go unpunished. True, it's not as important as diving or dangerous tackling, but it isbreaking one of the laws of the game.

I thought that was a good article by the guardian. lol

I especially liked the last one.

Foul throws not being punished

Foul throws don't really matter. There's not much of an advantage to be gained from them. Even so, it would be nice if they could occasionally be penalised, if only to tail the millionaire footballer's ego now and again, make him feel like the countless Sunday League footballers who don't know how to do a throw-in properly. Go to a live game and it's almost guaranteed you will see at least three or four foul throws go unpunished. True, it's not as important as diving or dangerous tackling, but it isbreaking one of the laws of the game.

flip that. Reda would be getting pulled up every time! :reda:

This has obviously been the best ever, ever season for Wednesday and just generally. But that doesn't stop football fans, being football fans from having a few issues, as highlighted in this Guardian article: http://www.guardian....-premier-league

I totally agree with them on the Blackburn thing and we all know only tin point teams play goal scoring music as we've heard it at Bumhole Lane, but I personally like the "do what we want" chant.

What gripe would you add to the list?

I'd say ...

* Media fawning over Martinez for Wigan's late season rally. If his tactics and training etc were so good they wouldn't have been in a relegation dog fight in the first place.

* Just Wigan generally, and all small time teams that are taking our rightful place in the Prem (as with the steretype I'm a deluded arrogant Wednesday fan :laugh: ) like Bolton.

* The Football League Show, where to even start ...

* And finally Alan Shearer's habit of saying "done" when he means "did". e.g. "he was signed to put crosses in the box, and he done that all game today" aaaahhhhhh! makes me want to tear my heair out!

Best season ever!!!!

I grew up in the early nineties!!

This thread, thats my gripe

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

He was bearable on motd2 when he had time for a script to be created for him. At live matches he makes me cringe with some of the things he says.

Alan Shearer endlessly saying a player has done something 'all day' or 'all afternoon'. They play for an hour and a half you clown!

Referees/linesmen adopting two separate sets of rules regarding the ball being over the line.

1. If its a throw in/corner/goal kick, the ball only has to touch the line and they give it out.

2. For a goal to be given the whole of the ball has to be over the line.

cockneys such as merson and redknapp who cant pronounce footballer.

its footbler to them.

learn to speak spackers.

Damn right. Frank Lampard is another who does that.

In this era of celebrity-obsessed, knee-jerk, sycophantic, money-deluged, elitist, glory hunting hysteria, I say God bless the likes of Wigan punching above their weight.