Gripes of the Season

Guest foreverSWFC

Gary Neville.

Grrrrrrrrr...

I like Gary think he knows ALOT about the game and is interesting to listen to.

But the tone in which he speaks is as if there is tension all the time, the way he gradually raises his voice annoys me.

The catering at Hillsborough

Actually, I have a gripe about that. I bought a couple of pints in the Grandstand at the Wycombe game. Despite the pumps being metered, the bar man was crap and managed to pour a load of the beer out of the glass and into the drip tray. thrower.

Actually, I have a gripe about that. I bought a couple of pints in the Grandstand at the Wycombe game. Despite the pumps being metered, the bar man was crap and managed to pour a load of the beer out of the glass and into the drip tray. thrower.

Was the champagne too warm to drink I take it? lol

Main gripes: Blackburn fans and Blatter's continued involvement in football (shows that there is no justice). Also, got an issue with Alan Smith's commentary. In relation to the Guardian and football, Barry Glendenning's presence on their podcast. Man U fans constantly complaining that Man City were 'buying' the league. Graeme Westley's continued involvement in football. Karl Corden-Robinson - just him, and everything about him. It was nice not having to see Billy Davies for a whole season though.

Stuck to lager before kick off- 30 years (this Saturday) of being an Owl has led me to always expect the worst.

Well I honestly can say I went into the Wycombe game expecting us not to mess it up. Megson may have come in for some stick but the one thing he did do was to bring in professionals with a lot of character about them. I knew they'd deliver what was expected.

Hopefully, we'll have another good season next season mate

BFS - Big Fat Sam, the arrogant fat bugger.

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the Big Sam parody Twitter account. Annoyed him so much that he instructed his lawyers to get it stopped - they failed. Particularly enjoyed this on morning of playoff final:

"I then sat down gently and lead the boys in a rousing rendition of 'Crossroads' by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. We're winning this c*nt today."

Main gripes: Blackburn fans and Blatter's continued involvement in football (shows that there is no justice). Also, got an issue with Alan Smith's commentary. In relation to the Guardian and football, Barry Glendenning's presence on their podcast. Man U fans constantly complaining that Man City were 'buying' the league. Graeme Westley's continued involvement in football. Karl Corden-Robinson - just him, and everything about him. It was nice not having to see Billy Davies for a whole season though.

What have Blackburn fans done wrong?

How even our national newspapers are forever getting the most obvious football facts wrong - as an example in this Guardian article a real howler states: "...Blackburn stayed up..." - I'm pretty sure they didn't! :wacko:

The article is referring to Blackburn staying up last season. The inaccuracy is in the date they say Kean was appointed. It was 2010, not 2011.

What have Blackburn fans done wrong?

Throughout the season they protested against manager and owners during games, creating a toxic atmosphere. I watched several games where this atmosphere seemed to feed into the players' performance on the pitch and cost them points, and ultimately, their place in the division.

Don't get me wrong Venky's and Kean are mainly to blame but I believe the fans lost, rather than won, the team points this year. Yes, protest against V and K but in a more constructive manner and not during the 90 mins.

I like Gary think he knows ALOT about the game and is interesting to listen to.

But the tone in which he speaks is as if there is tension all the time, the way he gradually raises his voice annoys me.

Spot on, I do think he is interesting but that tone he uses from low to high every time does my head in.