Jason Koumas Offered Pay-As-You-Play Deal

Does anyone know what position he plays now He started off as a left winger but eventually drifted inside. His best time for me was when he played that Sheedy role, on the left but playing more as a playmaker. That way we could incorporate him, Semedo and Lines with Antonio providing the thrust down the flanks. If he can get fit that is.

I think we may have just signed Semedo's potential partner. With lines hopefully pushing him all the way and learning in the process. In fact personally giving how well DJ knows him I'd be happy if no more center mids were to come in. We need a striker a lefy back and at a centre back plus Ranger, Antonio and Treacy and I'd be happy then.

Not commenting on Batth as bored of it

Doesnt say a lot for our players that CAN be arsed though, and were willing to roll their sleeves up and get us out of league one. Koumas chose to not bother, and if that was his attitude then i fail to see why it will have improved enough.

I trust DJs decision making but id be wary about this one.

Only 3 people got Koumas to his full potential. Megson, Jones and Mowbray. But 2007 is a long time ago in sport

Guest JC Saviour

Is Koumas the type of player DJ would be looking at. Unsure of his fitness level, commitment and at what price would he be. PAYP isn't that realistic to a club like Wednesday Surely they would want long term signings and also knowing exactly what the player will be costing them over each financial year. How can that be done on PAYP deal. Its the same with Owen, Fowler and the likes being bantered about. DJ mentioned something in his last radio interview along the lines he wants players who are not stop gap fillers but ones who can be brought along to be a big part of SWFC's future. Why would the club be even considering these players for the future of the club. .

Is Koumas the type of player DJ would be looking at. Unsure of his fitness level, commitment and at what price would he be. PAYP isn't that realistic to a club like Wednesday Surely they would want long term signings and also knowing exactly what the player will be costing them over each financial year. How can that be done on PAYP deal. Its the same with Owen, Fowler and the likes being bantered about. DJ mentioned something in his last radio interview along the lines he wants players who are not stop gap fillers but ones who can be brought along to be a big part of SWFC's future. Why would the club be even considering these players for the future of the club. .

The year we won the Championship he was awesome. Our side was a great side, But Koumas was a class above. He'd just comeback from loan with Jones at Cardiff after falling out with Robson. If fact Jones wanted to sign him then but Cardiff at the time couldn't afford our price. He was our playmaker Everything went through him. Whether DJ would be interested now? from past experience i'd say yes, the big question is can Koumas still deliver

Guest JC Saviour

The year we won the Championship he was awesome. Our side was a great side, But Koumas was a class above. He'd just comeback from loan with Jones at Cardiff after falling out with Robson. If fact Jones wanted to sign him then but Cardiff at the time couldn't afford our price. He was our playmaker Everything went through him. Whether DJ would be interested now? from past experience i'd say yes, the big question is can Koumas still deliver

I don't think anyone would dispute how good Koumas was at the height of his career, but, there is concern why he didn't play last season. Could he still do it. Only Koumas could really answer that, and the other major factor, wages. He wouldn't come cheap. No disrespect to him, but we need to move forward and I personally think we need to be looking at long term players who have been playing regulary.

I don't think anyone would dispute how good Koumas was at the height of his career, but, there is concern why he didn't play last season. Could he still do it. Only Koumas could really answer that, and the other major factor, wages. He wouldn't come cheap. No disrespect to him, but we need to move forward and I personally think we need to be looking at long term players who have been playing regulary.

Your original question was would DJ look at him, I think yes he would. As I said in my original post in this thread DJ is one of only three people to get him to full potential. I've also said he THE great wasted talents of his time. I got to see him in his prime honestly I think he was the greatest Albion Player of the modern era. Certainly the best since Regis, Cunningham and Batson. Can he still do it who knows. worth a look definitely

not so sure about this. I don't think older players wanting a last pay check is the way to go. We should sign young hungry players with potential, like Antonio, Batth and Ranger. There is a reason why Koumas hasn't played in a year.

Absolutely agree 100%. We want players who have'nt reached their peak yet amd mould them into a unit which will get better. Players on their way down for me are just chasing money.

Not sure we should be signing a bloke who sat on his arse for an entire season. He could have picked up a contract somewhere decent if he really wanted it.

Pay as you play... ok, but he's not exactly raring to go is he?

He trained with us since more or less when DJ took over and most of it was on his own by all accounts because he was so un-fit. DJ went on record saying he'd love to sign him if he could ever get back to SOMETHING LIKE his former self. Who can blame a millionaire 32year old bloke having a few to many late nights and letting himself go after years of rigorous routine? I believe he actually retired in that period and his love of the game is why he tried to get fit, it took him longer than hoped but if a contract of any kind has been offered then I'm sold.

He trained with us since more or less when DJ took over and most of it was on his own by all accounts because he was so un-fit. DJ went on record saying he'd love to sign him if he could ever get back to SOMETHING LIKE his former self. Who can blame a millionaire 32year old bloke having a few to many late nights and letting himself go after years of rigorous routine? I believe he actually retired in that period and his love of the game is why he tried to get fit, it took him longer than hoped but if a contract of any kind has been offered then I'm sold.

Or more likely he's missing the income.