Jason Koumas Offered Pay-As-You-Play Deal

Does anyone know what position he plays now He started off as a left winger but eventually drifted inside. His best time for me was when he played that Sheedy role, on the left but playing more as a playmaker. That way we could incorporate him, Semedo and Lines with Antonio providing the thrust down the flanks. If he can get fit that is.

Guest jimbob

Does anyone know what position he plays now He started off as a left winger but eventually drifted inside. His best time for me was when he played that Sheedy role, on the left but playing more as a playmaker. That way we could incorporate him, Semedo and Lines with Antonio providing the thrust down the flanks. If he can get fit that is.

Lines was a great buy for us, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes it in the championship.

not so sure about this. I don't think older players wanting a last pay check is the way to go. We should sign young hungry players with potential, like Antonio, Batth and Ranger. There is a reason why Koumas hasn't played in a year.

Guest wilyfox

not so sure about this. I don't think older players wanting a last pay check is the way to go. We should sign young hungry players with potential, like Antonio, Batth and Ranger. There is a reason why Koumas hasn't played in a year.

my thoughts exactly. IF it is true that DJ is interested, a pay-as-you-play deal is too casual for my liking; gives Koumas licence to 'turn up' as and when he feels like it. i'd have thought DJ would want players more committed to the cause. there's nothing to suggest Koumas is hungry to play football anymore.

We could do with an older head in midfield I reckon, whether its Koumas, who knows. As for Lines, I have reservations about him as our playmaker but someone like Koumas could be the making of him. If Koumas can still fulfill the role he used to play, wide left but in effect, the teams playmaker, that would free up Lines for a more attacking role. If we could get Lines using his pace as a box to box midfielder, I think we'd see a lot more goals from him. At Bristol he was always a double figures man from midfield

Guest wilyfox

We could do with an older head in midfield I reckon, whether its Koumas, who knows. As for Lines, I have reservations about him as our playmaker but someone like Koumas could be the making of him. If Koumas can still fulfill the role he used to play, wide left but in effect, the teams playmaker, that would free up Lines for a more attacking role. If we could get Lines using his pace as a box to box midfielder, I think we'd see a lot more goals from him. At Bristol he was always a double figures man from midfield

flip that! i want Treacy and Antonio on the wings with JJ as cover. natural wide-players please. we had enough central midfielders in wide positions under Megson, and created very little as a result; our strikers were starved of service.

Guest wilyfox

I don't mind pay as you play, no wasted money if he's good enough to play then jones will know this fair enough nothing to lose really...

it would imply he's not the most dependable of signings. i can understand p-a-y-p deals for injury-prone players of quality, because you balance the risk versus benefit with cost in mind. there's nothing to suggest Koumas is injury-prone, but question marks over his motivation. i dunno; DJ calls himself a builder - you don't build on uncertainty...

IF this is the case then I think its an excellent deal and signing. Will give Koumas all pre-season to get fit and would be a major asset next season.

I agree, it's a no lose situation for us. He would have to pull his finger out if he wants to get paid, if he doesn't then nothing lost and screw him basically.

Guest wilyfox

If he can still do it, he's a very different kettle of fish to the central midfielders Megson used out wide. In his prime he was more of a Peter Whittingham style left winger

don't care; i want wingers likely to perform now - not 5yrs ago. DJ has stated his desire to bring Antonio and Treacy back to the club. we should be looking to bring players in likely to play their best stuff for us - not recapture their form once shown elsewhere...