Jason Koumas Offered Pay-As-You-Play Deal

i agree, Treacy is the better prospect; he's on the way up, Koumas is on his way down. 23 versus 33.

Let's not forget that Treacy happily admitted he was fat and out of shape when Jones got in touch with him. If Koumas is fair game for being a slacker...

:ph34r:

Guest wilyfox

How good of Jason. Would rather sit on his arse for a year than lower himself to playing for us in League 1, but now we're in the Championship and moving forward, he's willing to grace us with his presence.

Not for me thanks.

there is that way of looking at it...

A year out he could be more hungry for the game.

Look at Lee Hughes, he had some time out of the game and is still going strong at an older age for a player.

The last player we had on pay as you play was Trevor Francis and that didn't turn out too bad.

Guest wilyfox

Let's not forget that Treacy happily admitted he was fat and out of shape when Jones got in touch with him. If Koumas is fair game for being a slacker...

:ph34r:

atleast Treacy has shown desire and put in the work to change that; and made a valuable contribution during his brief spell. Koumas doesn't appear to know what he wants.

No brainer.

Win-win situation.

If he's in the team, constantly, than that means he'll be playing well, so will be worth the money.

If he is'nt playing in the team then he gets no brass.

The onus is on Koumas to use his undoubted talent and recapture his form at this level. If not, he get no reward.

Nothing more to be said on the subject, really.

Doesnt say a lot for our players that CAN be arsed though, and were willing to roll their sleeves up and get us out of league one. Koumas chose to not bother, and if that was his attitude then i fail to see why it will have improved enough.

I trust DJs decision making but id be wary about this one.

Guest wilyfox

Oh Treacy is a must but Koumas is a different type of player, I think, cos its actually hard to remember what his last role was.If we can get him fit, theres room for both

you were touting Koumas for a wide-left berth; where does Treacy play...?

If this "rummer" (sun newspaper say no more) turns out to be true, my guess is that this guy won't get past the pre season training regime - a year out sitting on his back side waiting for a last pay cheque says a lot about his current mind set.

In my humble opinion we should look for young hungry players with a sell on value - the young midfielder from Stevenage might cost more but would be a better prospect.

Guest wilyfox

Back to old wednesday slating before he's touched the shirt.

Great signing IMO give him chance.

no-one is slating him; he was a fine player in years gone by. it's called debate - plus he hasn't signed.

Phillips has a lot of personal drive to ensure he plays into his 40's.

Koumas hasn't signed for anyone because he chose not to play.

I agree, and phillips is by far a better player, but I'm merely illuminating the fact that a decent old pro who can stick one in the onion bag is an asset....drogba anyone?

There are many issues to be resolved if we sign Jason Koumas. I suppose I'm in because I think we need that type of player, as I said, whether or not thats jason Koumas, I don't know. There simply isn't enough craft to unlock defences in our midfield. We need variation to supplement our pace and power down the flanks

Lot of posts have assumed he'd play on the left wing (if he signs of course which is a big if) but I think it'd be great to see him in a 4-2-3-1.

Semedo and Lines are a solid midfield duo, then in front of them Antonio, Semedo, Treacy/JJ all floating around and interchaging to create tonnes of chances for the goal machine up top.

Thats football to druel over!

How good of Jason. Would rather sit on his arse for a year than lower himself to playing for us in League 1, but now we're in the Championship and moving forward, he's willing to grace us with his presence.

Not for me thanks.

We don't know this is true. And even if it is I would wager that the chnage in manager would be just as important as the change in league. He knows DJ well and probably feels his style of play would be a better fit in a DJ side rather than a Megson one.

As for him being out the game for a year I'm not sure that matters too much. On the assumption he does a full pre season and gets himself fit than that's fine by me. Just because he took a year out doesn't mean his desire has gone. If it had he wouldn't be trying to get playing again. Maybe a year out has refreshed him.

Thats my point Auntie, we need the flexibility a player like Koumas would give us. We know that Jones prefers the 442 system but we won't find success against some sides playing this way. A Koumas type would give us different options