Redamade replacement For Batth?

We're being linked with a new LB and a new CB but where does that leave Reda?

Some posters were tipping Reda to end up a Wednesday legend on here last season so will he be moved into his favourite CB role?

Would love to see a Reda/Llera partnership next season so I really hope he can make the step up.

Edited by SuperKevin

Is it just me that thinks he wont play much next season.

I think he's been great this season, but im worried that a better standard of full back might run rings around him.

Because of his nature of play, he could end up being the first scape goat this season if we go on a bad run.

hope he proves me wrong though

We need a right footed right side centre back. conversation ended for me!

This has always confused me - would you also demand that we get a left footed CM and drop one of Lines or Semedo purely on the basis that both are rightfooted?

Also, as the ratio of left footed vs right footed players will mean that there are far more right footed players, would you make the same distinction if we had mainly rightfooted CB,s?

Guest sal1

This has always confused me - would you also demand that we get a left footed CM and drop one of Lines or Semedo purely on the basis that both are rightfooted?

Also, as the ratio of left footed vs right footed players will mean that there are far more right footed players, would you make the same distinction if we had mainly rightfooted CB,s?

Its better to have both a right and left footer at CB. Different to midfield. If a CB favours one foot or side it can be exploited by attackers and can be costly.

Edited by sal1

Guest TTOwl

I'd say keep him at left back but we absolutely have to bring better cover in than relying on Bennett

The alarm bells were ringing for me when Irvine was buying all those left side defenders. Defending is about holding a shape and not letting forwards get on the outside of you, if they are shown inside there should always be somebody (IE your fellow centre back or a Semedo type ) to block that route off. Chelsea stopped Ribery and Robben by forcing them inside and limiting them to pot shots from 25 yards.Further up the pitch it doesn't matter as the idea is to be "random" enough to "wrong foot" the opposition. BTW have you ever played chess?