Lads from the Yorkshire Regement

The bodies of the six Brave soldiers will be brought home tomorrow and it would be a nice gesture from the club to observe a minutes silence before tomorrow nights game .

It did not happen before the Bournemouth game when other clubs in our area paid tribute to the lads so i would hope we could spare a minute before tomorrows game .

The bodies of the six Brave soldiers will be brought home tomorrow and it would be a nice gesture from the club to observe a minutes silence before tomorrow nights game .

It did not happen before the Bournemouth game when other clubs in our area paid tribute to the lads so i would hope we could spare a minute before tomorrows game .

Give the club a call.

Guest NottsOwl12

This would be brilliant.

Also wondered whether there'd be a minutes applause to show support for Fabrice Muamba, as other clubs have done.

Would it be too much to tie in both, a minutes silence followed by a minutes applause maybe?

Just rung them, feedback below;

"we dont have anything planned, they were Huddersfield fans so we have left it with them"

Iv emailed the club to ask if we can do something, as despite being Huddersfield fans, they were from the Yorkshire regiment and in this respect, we should all be as one in our support of them.

Ill do the email now and post it on here with responses.

email sent;

"

Hi all

A number of my fellow Wednesdayites were wondering if our club had anything planned for honouring the 6 lads from the Yorkshire Regiment, whos bodies are being flown back today?

Having spoken to reception, nothing is planned as they were Huddersfield fans, so the club have left it with Huddersfield Town.

I understand that they were not Wednesday fans, but they were from the Yorkshire Regiment and lost their lives for their country. I strongly feel that a club like Wednesday should look beyond club preferences, and lead the way in showing solidarity with the people of Yorkshire in honouring our heros. In recent times we have taken MASSIVE strides forward in the community, and looked to become a club of the people. Im sure that part of this should be uniting with the teams in Yorkshire in showing our support, local rivalries should always be put aside in cases as sad as these.

I sincerely hope that the club will respond in the right way, and either have a minutes silence or applause, so that the Owls community can show their respect. Can you come back to me and let me know if the clubs stance on this has changed?

Regards

Vinny"

Just rung them, feedback below;

"we dont have anything planned, they were Huddersfield fans so we have left it with them"

Iv emailed the club to ask if we can do something, as despite being Huddersfield fans, they were from the Yorkshire regiment and in this respect, we should all be as one in our support of them.

Ill do the email now and post it on here with responses.

Is it relevant who they supported ?

email sent;

"

Hi all

A number of my fellow Wednesdayites were wondering if our club had anything planned for honouring the 6 lads from the Yorkshire Regiment, whos bodies are being flown back today?

Having spoken to reception, nothing is planned as they were Huddersfield fans, so the club have left it with Huddersfield Town.

I understand that they were not Wednesday fans, but they were from the Yorkshire Regiment and lost their lives for their country. I strongly feel that a club like Wednesday should look beyond club preferences, and lead the way in showing solidarity with the people of Yorkshire in honouring our heros. In recent times we have taken MASSIVE strides forward in the community, and looked to become a club of the people. Im sure that part of this should be uniting with the teams in Yorkshire in showing our support, local rivalries should always be put aside in cases as sad as these.

I sincerely hope that the club will respond in the right way, and either have a minutes silence or applause, so that the Owls community can show their respect. Can you come back to me and let me know if the clubs stance on this has changed?

Regards

Vinny"

Thanks and well done .

response from Wednesday

"

Hi Vinny

Thank you for your message received this morning.

Sheffield Wednesday have been in dialogue with other clubs regarding the soldiers’ passing and consequent action. The common consensus was that because the young men were from the Huddersfield area, HTFC would mark their passing accordingly with a minute’s applause at a home game and this they duly did.

Should such a tragedy befall a native of Sheffield, the club would take what we feel to be the appropriate action, as was the case, for example, when Corporal Liam Riley was killed in action in 2010.

I hope you understand Sheffield Wednesday’s viewpoint on this sensitive situation and please feel free to contact me should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

Trevor Braithwait"