Lads from the Yorkshire Regement

My son was their ,(bosnia) and came home with post traumatic stress, tbh the army treated him abysmally , (but that is another story)

But the lads out there and some on this forum are the salt of the earth , they put their lives on the line daily to protect our country , the recognition should go without thinking tbh , thousands of soldiers each in their own way are hero's, and if the final contribution to our safety occurs the least we could do as a nation is show our respects to the fallen,i for one will sit in silence tonight at kick off , i know i won't be at hillsborough , but no matter ,it will be the same to me as if i were at the game , Rip to those lads who gave their all for us ,

final response from the club

"

Hi Vinny

Thank you for your prompt response and I absolutely respect your opinion on this extremely sensitive situation.

Please be assured that such instances are given every due consideration before we reach a decision and we fully understand that sometimes, those decisions will not always be appreciated by all concerned.

However, we will always do what we deem best for the club and its supporters.

Thanks again for your cordial dialogue and I join you in backing the team to three points tonight.

Regards

Trevor"

Very disappointed with that TBH , If i remember correctly Leeds UTD observed a minute tribute to the Guys as well as Huddersfield so it contradicts the reasoning somewhat .

The reason i started this thread that the Army as someone has pointed out asked for Flags to be flown at half mast as a tribute to the lads ,

Six Brave young men no longer with us and the club is arguing over 1 minute and bit of organisation just because they were from 15 miles up the road ?

I am sure somewhere in one of those Lads family's is someone who is part of the Wednesday community

i just dont see why we shouldnt be honouring yorkshire soldiers because they were udders fans.

guaranteed that there would be uproar if yorkshire clubs didnt do anything for any wednesday supporting soldiers. very, very disappointed in the club on this issue.

Guest hirsty9

Agree with the concensus on here: there should be a minutes silence.

So what if they were Huddersfield fans? The relevance of that in this scenario is irrelevant.

It's just a cop out from clever trevor...i too am bitterly dissapointed by the clubs announcement

TBH, and I better don flame-suite here, I think a lot of this 'heroes' thing is rammed down our throat by many people. If we have a minute silence for every person who dies in armed confict etc it would be happening every week - perhaps even devalue the gesture.

However, these 6 lads are from Yorkshire, died serving our county and country (no matter what you think of the war) and I think we should honour our 'own' It only takes a minute and costs nothing. Come on SWFC, do the right thing.

TBH, and I better don flame-suite here, I think a lot of this 'heroes' thing is rammed down our throat by many people. If we have a minute silence for every person who dies in armed confict etc it would be happening every week - perhaps even devalue the gesture.

However, these 6 lads are from Yorkshire, died serving our county and country (no matter what you think of the war) and I think we should honour our 'own' It only takes a minute and costs nothing. Come on SWFC, do the right thing.

thats the important point IMO.

As for the heros bit, doubt very much most of us could do the job, taking the risks and facing the dangers they do. when they fall, they should always be brought home as heros.

thats the important point IMO.

As for the heros bit, doubt very much most of us could do the job, taking the risks and facing the dangers they do. when they fall, they should always be brought home as heros.

oh aye, You wouldn't get me volunteering thats for sure. I do think it's a very simple thing to show a bit of respect though.

Guest mrbluesky

Just watching the repatriation on Look North

Breaks you heart

Just watched it too, these fallen soldiers need to be remembered in my opinion.