Danny Batth

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Is there a better CB in League One?

Saying that i honestly don't think he would look out of place in The Championship.

This guy is just immense. 21 years old too.

He has been so consistent all season, when players are changing around him, he just keeps up his performances and continues to fully justify his place in the team.

Lets hope he can keep it up and really impress Dave Jones and hopefully get him here on a full contract (i know a long shot).

Be interesting to see who comes in as Manager at Wolves at the end of the season, Mick McCarthy really liked Batth.

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

I'd say no there is'nt but he's not really a League 1 player is he?

That said I suppose there's a reason he's here and not at a championship club.

Good learning curve for him.

When we get promoted - this should be MM first and upmost priority - get him signed up on a 5 year deal

the more this guy plays - the better he gets. By the time we get back to the PL - he will be ready to be captain and defensive rock - AWESOME player

SOLID.

&

MR. CONSISTANT

The kids a class act. I really really hope we sign him permanently.

Future captain too.

^^^^^

Spot on.

From following him on twitter I love his passion for football and working hard. If he isn't training then he's doing weights and if he isn't doing weights then he's watching footy on tv.

Top man, top attitude!

Strong.

His distribution is crap.

I've seen far worse.

When he plays it long (which is quite often) he often aims towards someone and is pretty accurate, unlike most defenders in this league and some in the above. Tonight he showed a real willingness to play it out from the back and not just go long. Most of the time it was really good, a couple of times he gave it away but being the man he is he usually won it straight back. I think with some good coaching this area of his game will improve.

As for his actual defending. He's superb. Really really good. I've yet to see a better CB in the league to be honest.

He had one or two stray passes tonight but I like him a lot. Marshall was the headline grabber and rightly so but we did a great bit of business extending Batth's loan in January.

It's League One so nobody's flawless but he's been a great signing.