Big Jack Charlton in Hospital

"It was surreal," added Charlton Jr. "When I got there, he was sitting in a chair watching the telly, although we then realised his hip was broken.

Surprised he needed a hip replacement. Already made from steel. No way a hip replacement will be keeping him down for long.

just about heard his name so I was clapping when he came on the pitch.

I'm not old enough to remember him being at the club but from the stories from my grandad and others I now know why he's a legend.

Get well soon big jack!

Jack took a fall in his home and is currently in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17240538

It was great to see Jack during half time against United. He looked fit and well and looked beaming when he waved to the crowd.

I was a little disappointed that the crowd did not show more enthusiasm, but I suppose many don't remember the impact he had on the club at the time.

The word Legend is frequently banded about but let me tell you this. Big Jack is a true Wednesday legend. He is the main reason for my love for Wednesday. The story on how he took the Wednesday job is a truly remarkable story.

Get well soon, Jack, and thanks for the memories.

The lack of enthusiasm was down to the wee wee poor introduction he was given, nobody new his was there!!

Shook hands with on Saturday night at BDR what a legend, get well soon big lad.