Kenny Lunt

Terrible introduction to his signing wasn't it.

I mean, most players either stand next to the manager holding up the shirt, or just on their own holding up the shirt.

But Lunt was wearing the shirt over a jumper, kneeling down!!

Weird!

I think its a fair reflection on how shambolic we were as a club from top to bottom. How can you justify taking a poorly set up photo of a "professional" sportsman that looks like 5mins earlier he'd been kicking a ball round the park with his 3 yr old

Guest Tom Lowry

My lowest point was witnessing Chris Adamson concede 4 of the softest goals ever against a poo Wrexham side in the Cup, I can't remember which Cup though.... Probably for the best

My lowest point was witnessing Chris Adamson concede 4 of the softest goals ever against a poo Wrexham side in the Cup, I can't remember which Cup though.... Probably for the best

Jesus, that was bloody horrendous. I think it was the JPT. I remember we let 4 in against Swindon in one of the cups. Was it in the same season?

Edited by OwlTheEnchanter

Guest SnookerOwl

Did we loan lunt from Chelsea if so how god earth did Chelsea think he was as a youngster

lol! NO! Straight from Crewe.

We did however bring Craig Rocastle from Chelsea. He's slipped away big time now hasn't he. Playing non-league somewhere I think.

Guest Tom Lowry

The Swindon game was 04/05, the Wrexham game was a Carling Cup 1st round tie in 06, Madjid wasnt so magic that night, I remember another Wrexham home game in 04/05 when we lost 4-0

Beswetherick being tactically substituted after 15 minutes because he was being torn apart by Grimsby Town's right winger was probably one of the lowest moment's in this club's history, along with every single match Dean Smith ever played in.

To be honest even our League One promotion side was mostly sh*t. As fond as I am of players like McGovern and McLean our current team would destroy that side at a canter. The only players from the promotion side I'd stick in this team now would be Brunt and Whelan, and even then both of those players were still young and pretty inconsistent when we were actually promoted.

Beswetherick being tactically substituted after 15 minutes because he was being torn apart by Grimsby Town's right winger was probably one of the lowest moment's in this club's history, along with every single match Dean Smith ever played in.

To be honest even our League One promotion side was mostly sh*t. As fond as I am of players like McGovern and McLean our current team would destroy that side at a canter. The only players from the promotion side I'd stick in this team now would be Brunt and Whelan, and even then both of those players were still young and pretty inconsistent when we were actually promoted.

Hadn't Beswetherick actually come on as a sub in that game too for an injured player only to get substituted himself?

Guest Darkus Owlus

If I ever need reminding of how far we have come on the field, I think of this man useless turd.

Even if we have had a bad game or a bad run, it never fails to make me realise what complete dross we have suffered over the years, and that we are a million miles from that now.

The future's bright

Though we did take a step back to Lunt when we hired Darren Potter.