Pleasantly Disappointed

With United.

After all the hype I was fearful that they would turn up and play total football.

A third Division version of Holland. Did anyone listen to the commentary? Did Keith Edwards think we were a pub team?

But, Danny didn't let me down.

They were bloody awful, spineless and gutless.

A £12 million annual wage budget?

I think someone is having a laugh.

Great to meet some of you today.

A good day and a great result.

*My Mum already knew the result, when I called for a cup of tea after the game. Barbara from across the road rang her at full time to tell her we had won. Mum couldn't find it on the radio. lol _ she iwas really chuffed too*

Well done Gary.

There a decent side IMO, but got bullied today. The fullback Lowton is excellent, and the French lad on the other side played well also. They are a bit predictable in midfield, and Hoskins and Beattie are both better players than Cresswell.

If we finish above them, we'll get promoted.

Guest foreverSWFC

IMO and truthfully on todays performance they were awful.

Showed no desire to win compared to us. There midfield was gutless, Semedo and Lines bullied them off the park. Evans looked dangerous but Batth dealt with him excellently throughout. Th ginger wotsit on the wing did absolutely not hing as with Montgomery. Harry Maguire looked like a nervous wreck and was clearly not ready to be plunged into a game like that. Their right back Lowton was their best player he looked dangerous.

Good to meet you today...!

It was great to meet you too. And all the others.

I presume you got your seat sorted out? Did you tell them a Magpie had nicked your season ticket?

Me and Weshallovercome (Andy) met back up post game at the Niagra car park and decided to go in for a coffee, whilst the traffic cleared.

He was well happy.

They refused us entry - not members.

lol

Until next time.

Their right winger looked ok. Ched wasn't as good as I expected. Other than that, they passed the ball well and some good movement In first half. they were the better team for 45 minutes. We flipping battered em second half. They had 1 effort by my count.

If maguire is the future of that football club then we've got nowt to fear. Looked like a baby elephant on casters.

Basically, they weren't good enough to beat us today whatever the possession stats and half witted callers into radio pig say. flip em. This city is ours.

Their right winger looked ok. Ched wasn't as good as I expected. Other than that, they passed the ball well and some good movement In first half. they were the better team for 45 minutes. We flipping battered em second half. They had 1 effort by my count.

If maguire is the future of that football club then we've got nowt to fear. Looked like a baby elephant on casters.

Basically, they weren't good enough to beat us today whatever the possession stats and half witted callers into radio pig say. flip em. This city is ours.

I thought the first half was very even. As for Maguire, the only thing I saw him do all afternoon accurately was punch Madine in the chest as soon as he came on the pitch.

There a decent side IMO, but got bullied today. The fullback Lowton is excellent, and the French lad on the other side played well also. They are a bit predictable in midfield, and Hoskins and Beattie are both better players than Cresswell.

If we finish above them, we'll get promoted.

Bullied? Are you kidding? Out fought would be another way of putting it. In fact, that's how most owls fans would see it.