Chris O'Grady

Right my first post so go easy!

Chris O'Grady has only scored 2 goals for us that is admittedly not good enough. It would be easy to say he is not a goal scorer but he got 19 in all competitions last season. But he has to play. You have to look at the record of the other striker when he is playing, it is all well and good saying he is not scoring but I would say and I have read replies that say the same, that he is one of our best and most consistent players......

He cannot play on the wing, he possess no qualities to play there at all so let's just forget that. He is a player who will bring the best out in others our problem is that our centre backs too often have no option but to lump it forward to COG or Madine which is not going to work, as shown in the last two games. We need to play to our strengths, through the middle then out wide like we did in patches second half on saturday. This long ball game is boring, doesn't work and we will stay in this league if we do not start playing football like we can do.

Look at the teams who have gone up, and more importantly kept improving over the last few years. Southampton, Brighton, Norwich, all played decent football in this division and Southampton will join Norwich in the prem next season! We need this as a plan B, or ideally as a plan A

Welcome to OT dj2.

For what it's worth I think COG is a cracking player but can't get my head around where he fits in best.

His touch and his hold up play is second to none and he really is as strong as an ox but playing centre forward you need him to bag at least 15 goals a season which I don't think he will do for us.

Although not all our football is Barca style I do think we have the ability to mix it up and play strong, aggressive and direct at times and then in the next move we can zip it around nicely.

Right my first post so go easy!

Chris O'Grady has only scored 2 goals for us that is admittedly not good enough. It would be easy to say he is not a goal scorer but he got 19 in all competitions last season. But he has to play. You have to look at the record of the other striker when he is playing, it is all well and good saying he is not scoring but I would say and I have read replies that say the same, that he is one of our best and most consistent players......

He cannot play on the wing, he possess no qualities to play there at all so let's just forget that. He is a player who will bring the best out in others our problem is that our centre backs too often have no option but to lump it forward to COG or Madine which is not going to work, as shown in the last two games. We need to play to our strengths, through the middle then out wide like we did in patches second half on saturday. This long ball game is boring, doesn't work and we will stay in this league if we do not start playing football like we can do.

Look at the teams who have gone up, and more importantly kept improving over the last few years. Southampton, Brighton, Norwich, all played decent football in this division and Southampton will join Norwich in the prem next season! We need this as a plan B, or ideally as a plan A

Welcome to Owlstalk. Are you drunk?

Welcome to OT dj2.

For what it's worth I think COG is a cracking player but can't get my head around where he fits in best.

His touch and his hold up play is second to none and he really is as strong as an ox but playing centre forward you need him to bag at least 15 goals a season which I don't think he will do for us.

Which player is this whose touch is second to none? Who was the big guy whose every ball bounced off his foot/shin a yard away? Chris O'Grady has one of the worst forst touches seen at S6 since Leon Clarke (who scored more goals btw). Im a fan of 100 percenters like O'Grady but he must be made of Teflon because nothing sticks. This might be unpopular but its true.

Chris O'Grady will not score enough goals to get us out of this division. Yes he works hard and holds it up well but can we really afford that line of player? Cog and Madine don't seem to work so we have to give Madine and Lowe a try. I still think we need another striker that can finish some of the chances we get

Guest Big Guns

wots it matter if he couldnt hit a barn door ,as long as he tries hard thats all wot counts ,we should blindly support every player good or crap as soon as they put on that blue and white shirt they are behond critisism

dont forget last year

yes thats right milan saved us so we should be grateful and be happy to spend years and years in league1.

wots it matter if he couldnt hit a barn door ,as long as he tries hard thats all wot counts ,we should blindly support every player good or crap as soon as they put on that blue and white shirt they are behond critisism

dont forget last year

yes thats right milan saved us so we should be grateful and be happy to spend years and years in league1.

I'm senseing a bit of sarcasm in this post lol

dont forget last year

That's the spirit, bg......you're getting there pal.

Which player is this whose touch is second to none? Who was the big guy whose every ball bounced off his foot/shin a yard away? Chris O'Grady has one of the worst forst touches seen at S6 since Leon Clarke (who scored more goals btw). Im a fan of 100 percenters like O'Grady but he must be made of Teflon because nothing sticks. This might be unpopular but its true.

I think the reality is somewhere in between. He's not as good as a lot of people are making out, and not as bad as you're suggesting.

I have to say I'm not convinced by him yet, and I often find myself wondering if there could be an Emperor's new clothes thing going on when I read about how good he makes the players around him.

The best game I've seen him have is against West Ham. He looked a beast in that game and scored a great goal. Most of his performances haven't been close to that, and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see Megson try a Madine/Lowe partnership - with the added benefit of having COG as an option from the bench to batter a tiring defence late in the game.

thank god...

i thought only i could see it...

He's scored 4 goals for us

who cog?

2 in 16... :st2:

His work rate is good and if it wernt for him challanging we wouldn't have got thaat mechine goal on saturday I rate him

good work rate, and his most significant contribution saturday was a challenge?

so he's a midfielder then???

good, i'm glad we've worked out where he can play...

'cos in the area of the second forward he looks clumsy...