Chris O'Grady

Guest Big Guns

cogs got to be dropped now its obvious that its got to be madine and lowe up front two proven goal scorers

megsons got it wrong starting cog and needs to change it now b4 its too late.

cogs got to be dropped now its obvious that its got to be madine and lowe up front two proven goal scorers

megsons got it wrong starting cog and needs to change it now b4 its too late.

i didn't realise that cog had so many doubters...

i'd looked at him and couldn't work out his strengths...

folks on here kept saying his first touch was his best attribute, and i was thinking if he's a good first touch i'm going to ultralase for me money back...

then early on against tranmere my mate said "he'll never be a footballer while he's an hole in hisarse"...

and i thought...YES!

Guest wewantsturrockback

Which player is this whose touch is second to none? Who was the big guy whose every ball bounced off his foot/shin a yard away? Chris O'Grady has one of the worst forst touches seen at S6 since Leon Clarke (who scored more goals btw). Im a fan of 100 percenters like O'Grady but he must be made of Teflon because nothing sticks. This might be unpopular but its true.

you are joking right? his first touch is almost all of the time sublime, he holds it up magnificently. look he doesnt get loads of goals but gives us so much never stops trying.

he seems to be getting a huge amount of undeserved stick at the minute how about lay off the guy?

Guest wewantsturrockback

i personally am very frustrated that we have what I consider to be a very decent strike force in the goal machine, Cogba and Ryan Lowe, with Clinton as an option, yet the service to them just isn't there at the minute, and has been quite reliant on Ben 10

Guest Sheff Owl

I just want to see Lowe and Madine have a go up top, they have not started a game together.

I mentioned this a while ago and it's been mentioned in above post...

We had Kuqi who covered every blade of grass, ran his socks off but couldn't score goals...

We had Peacock who covered every blade of grass, ran his socks off but couldn't score goals...

I just want to see something different, it doesn't mean i don't rate O'Grady but i don't see him currently scoring the goals we need to get of of this league, another season in this league would be a bloody disaster!!

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest wewantsturrockback

I just want to see Lowe and Madine have a go up top, they have not started a game together.

I mentioned this a while ago and it's been mentioned in above post...

We had Kuqi who covered every blade of grass, ran his socks off but couldn't score goals...

We had Peacock who covered every blade of grass, ran his socks off but couldn't score goals...

I just want to see something different, it doesn't mean i don't rate O'Grady but i don't see him currently scoring the goals we need to get of of this league, another season in this league would be a bloody disaster!!

to be honest you make a good point and I'd quite like to see Lowe and Madine too. Jsut think COG and Madine seem to literally go for the same exact balls every time.

I just cant stand this criticism of COG, think its bang out of line. Seems we always need someone to have a go at though. you missed tudgay off the above list - put in a shift all the time yet slated by many almost all the time

Right my first post so go easy!

Chris O'Grady has only scored 2 goals for us that is admittedly not good enough. It would be easy to say he is not a goal scorer but he got 19 in all competitions last season. But he has to play. You have to look at the record of the other striker when he is playing, it is all well and good saying he is not scoring but I would say and I have read replies that say the same, that he is one of our best and most consistent players......

He cannot play on the wing, he possess no qualities to play there at all so let's just forget that. He is a player who will bring the best out in others our problem is that our centre backs too often have no option but to lump it forward to COG or Madine which is not going to work, as shown in the last two games. We need to play to our strengths, through the middle then out wide like we did in patches second half on saturday. This long ball game is boring, doesn't work and we will stay in this league if we do not start playing football like we can do.

Look at the teams who have gone up, and more importantly kept improving over the last few years. Southampton, Brighton, Norwich, all played decent football in this division and Southampton will join Norwich in the prem next season! We need this as a plan B, or ideally as a plan A

Deon Burton mark 2.that's how i see COG.

Which player is this whose touch is second to none? Who was the big guy whose every ball bounced off his foot/shin a yard away? Chris O'Grady has one of the worst forst touches seen at S6 since Leon Clarke (who scored more goals btw). Im a fan of 100 percenters like O'Grady but he must be made of Teflon because nothing sticks. This might be unpopular but its true.

flippingjoke post the guys first touch is class.

and how can u compear him to that fat lazy edit Leon Clarke flippingjoke.

you are joking right? his first touch is almost all of the time sublime, he holds it up magnificently. look he doesnt get loads of goals but gives us so much never stops trying.

he seems to be getting a huge amount of undeserved stick at the minute how about lay off the guy?

Well said pal

Guest Sheff Owl

As i just posted in another thread...

I can't believe some people say Ryan Lowe ain't good enough...how the flip has he manged to prove he is crap?

He hardly doesn't start games...we are playing in a way that ONLY suits big Strikers..

Madine/O'Grady doesn't work...Madine wins a header...where is O'Grady?..Trying to win the same header..

Madine wins a header....Where is Lowe...trying to get in behind because that's what type of player he is.

Lowe and Morrison have scored goals for previous clubs, when they both came in here people were like "yeah fantastic signings, they will score us goals"....now hoofing it up to Strikers is not gonna allow Lowe/Morrison to get goals is it? keeping them on the bench every game is not gonna allow them to get goals is it?

Guest Sheff Owl

Why are we playing O'Grady in a different way to what other teams have played him?

Just been looking at videos on Youtube and he is scoring goals from inside the box, outside the box..most important he ain't taking 17 touches of the ball he is hitting it first time and scoring goals.

Why are we trying to change him from what he used to do and be good at doing????