Uchechi

Looks like our top loan signing Uchechi wants to sign for Oldham, moaning about how physical you have to be to play in league one and it doesnt suit him...hmmm maybe it was because you weren't good enough!

http://www.kickoff.com/news/26054/daniel-uchechi-unhappy-with-sheffield-wednesday-move.php

Nigeria Under-23 forward Daniel Uchechi says he has not really achieved his aim of moving clubs from Leicester City to Sheffield Wednesday.

Uchechi told KickOffNigeria.com that the real reason he joined his current club was to get more playing time ahead of the January transfer window.

"I needed more playing time ahead of the January transfer window and that is simply why I made that change.

"The second reason was to get some match fitness because there was no point really staying at Leicester if I wasn't going to play games.

"Again, many people do not know that Sheffield is really a big club. Up till a few years ago they were in the Premiership so I needed more games at a good club."

However, Uchechi quite admits that he has not achieved his aim of going to Sheffield.

"Sadly, I found out that League One is not a football playing league. It's tougher than it is made out to be. You have to be well equipped physically to succeed there so I have not really achieved my aim of coming here.

"We all know that Nigerians are more technical but League One and Championship is more like kick and follow and we are not well adapted to that system."

Uchechi was part of the Nigerian Olympic team who failed to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Games.

He seemed to be a player who had a few skills, but would only show them off in situations where it would get him nowhere. For example on his debut I remember him doing a backheel to a player down the line, backwards, it looked good but didnt get us anywhere, then he'd do step overs when no one was around but when it actually came to beating a man he couldnt.

He wasn't spectacularly awful like some seem to be saying, I thought he might have some decent qualities when I saw him but obviously Megson doesn't see enough in him which is fine. He was hardly in the Ali Dia category of woefulness though, just more of a 'not quite up to it' player.

How technical does sticking the ball in the onion bag have to be. If you're bigger, stronger, fitter, faster or more technical (Skillfull) then you have a chance, 3 out of 5 will do as an absoloute minimum.

You say you have n't progressed refer to the above.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl