MK Fan in peace ...

Guest CowshedLad

To be perfectly honest youll be fine in 99% of places, not the park, don't recall them ever letting away fans in and anywhere on Hillsborough corner but can't see anyone having a problem anywhere else, were not low life degenerates like the red third of the city. Barrack tavern is your best bet!

Enjoy your day at Hillsborough and good luck for the rest of the season after Saturday

I hope the 'Potter is poo ' brigade don't tempt fate too much.

As I have said in another thread, In a team that looks to play football, Potter can play an integral part.

In a team that plays in a direct way, he just gets lost and does not have the running in him to make a difference.

The majority on here seemed to label him as poo because they can see that he had the ability but didn't use it to save us. That wasn't his fault, it was the fault of the way we played and miss-management.

Saying this is a bit like weeing into the wind on here though. It seems the Joc's of this world will always be more favoured in these parts.

Edited by Beholder

The MK Dons have been one of the most consistent sides in League One for the past three seasons, so I'm staggered that so many people think they are the most likely to "fall away."

I take the polar opposite view. At the start of the season I tipped them to get promoted, and their start has only strengthened that view. Out of the sides up there at the minute, I take the the view that the MK Dons are the most likely NOT to fall away.

They have a upcoming, young manager with fresh ideas (something that this club has been crying out for for years!), and have a style of play that suits them and defines. He buys wisely (even Potter seems to have settled in there, which is astonishing), and have replaced Baldock very shrewdly with another clever player who scores goals in Charlie MacDonald.

Forget Charlton away, this is Wednesday's biggest test of the season so far. Charlton flattered to deceive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip away, but I think MK Dons are the real article this season. If we can managed to pick up three points on Saturday it'll be a superb result...but I wouldn't be surprised to see MK Dons walk away with the points. I'm worried that MK Dons patience play, with willing runners like MacDonald, could really unsettle Baath and Jones...let's face it, they aren't going to come to Hillsborough and play hoofball like Charlton did for 75 minutes last night, are they?!

What has been Potters role in the team?

One of his biggest problems was how afraid he was to put in a challenge. Wimping out and looking like a girl doesn't go down well here. Whenever we ended up in a battle of a game (which happened a lot in the Championship relegation season) he was a passenger in the side.

When he was able to get forward more I think we saw the best of him, as he does have the ability to pass it well and has a decent shot. His problem was he often ended up sitting deep and simply passing it to our full backs, even if they were under pressure and they ended up having to clear it.

I can't see him enjoying his return, I doubt he will get a favourable reception, and he's going to be faced with Semedo and Prutton who will get in his face and give him no time on the ball.

Without a doubt you will be the biggest test for us so far this season at home, but I see us building on last nights draw with a good solid performance.

2-1 win for Wednesday, maybe more depending on if we have players back from injury.

Noting personal but should not exist in the football league......should have started in the non leagues and created your own history.

But have a gppd day anyway.

Easy Tiger! I can't be 100% sure but I'm guessing Cowshedlad didn't have anything to do with the club moving. I've got nothing against them personally, I'm a Wednesday fan. I don't live in Wimbledon or Milton Keynes so their club moving makes absolutely no difference to my life. If anything it should be the F.A and Merton Council who have something to answer.

Well said.... I don't understand anyone having a go at the guy at all, come on Owls we're better than that !

Have a great time in Sheffield pal.

Guest Big Guns

Well said.... I don't understand anyone having a go at the guy at all, come on Owls we're better than that !

Have a great time in Sheffield pal.

Its called banter

Guest TonyOwl88

Firstly, I know you plan on playing a passing game against us, (your manager said as much), but I'd be surprised if that comes off. We don't always play bad football, but we are quite good at breaking the match down and stopping other teams play.

We know it will be a tough game, but we are 100% at home so far, and I'm pretty confident we won't be beaten at the weekend.

I'd predict a 2-1 home win, but if I'm honest, if you can pile the pressure on early... we'll probably drop an early goal. Such is our nature at the moment.

If you don't get that early goal, expect a long and tough battling afternoon.

Potter just isn't the player you think right now. He's lazy, switched off, and wastes a lot of posession. We had him on loan for a while in the Championship, and he did pretty well for all intents and purposes.... and then he got his perminant deal, and we saw a low-end L1 player ever since. He has a relegation and L1 15th place on his CV for a deffinate reason, and you'll probably see it before long.