MK Fan in peace ...

Guest CowshedLad

You may remember that I registered on the board last season after the game at Stadium MK.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on how you think the game will go on Saturday? We've been on a great run this year, and we will play a completely different type of game to the type we played at Hillsborough last season.

Was a decent game last year - and if we had kept our discipline, think we would have got all three points.

Had a great day out in Sheffield last year, looking forward to going back.

I've noticed that you don't think very highly of Darren Potter - To be fair, he's been brilliant so far for us! I hope he can prove himself and maybe silence you with a winning goal.

Personally, I think we will edge you 2-1.

As usual, we won't bring that many up, maybe 400/500 - could anyone suggest a decent away friendly pub or something similar with close distance to the ground? I always enjoy the banter with you lot, the majority of you are a good bunch - I always favour you over Leeds, Sheffield United and Huddersfield and admired your turnout and atmosphere you created in Milton Keynes last year.

Anyways, Just wanted to hear some thought for the game this weekend?

Regards

CowshedLad

We will break you!!

I'll grit my teeth and not respond to the anti-Franchise comments.

Welcome to the forum, again.

Ignore them. It is nothing to do with you. You should at least have courtesy of decent replies.

I am driving up from Reading this weekend to the game. Just booked my Steak and Chips with my mum on the phone.

Hopefully you will lose.

Seriously, Potter must be flattering to deceive. He has a heart the size of a pea. A disgrace of a player IMO.

Enjoy the day - but not too much.

Guest CowshedLad

Welcome to the forum, again.

Ignore them. It is nothing to do with you. You should at least have courtesy of decent replies.

I am driving up from Reading this weekend to the game. Just booked my Steak and Chips with my mum on the phone.

Hopefully you will lose.

Seriously, Potter must be flattering to deceive. He has a heart the size of a pea. A disgrace of a player IMO.

Enjoy the day - but not too much.

Cheers fella.

Give me a point and I will bite your hand off.

Could go either way - so won't get too downbeat should we not take all three points.

You don't travel through or close too Milton Keynes on your journey do you? Might see our fans coaches.... sorry coach.

Guest Big Guns

Cheers fella.

Give me a point and I will bite your hand off.

Could go either way - so won't get too downbeat should we not take all three points.

You don't travel through or close too Milton Keynes on your journey do you? Might see our fans coaches.... sorry coach.

Sorry taxi

Are you playing Potter in an attacking role behind the strikers? I think that would be his best suited position. He's a strange player as he was tidy on the ball and had ability but lost the plot here after a good start. We needed midfielders to get up and down quickly but he tended to mince around in the middle, not really driving us forwards.

I'd fancy us at home with a full strength team, but I have no idea if we'll have our key players available. I still think we can win if we get the first goal, but if we concede the first one then we could get frustrated.

Guest CowshedLad

Are you playing Potter in an attacking role behind the strikers? I think that would be his best suited position. He's a strange player as he was tidy on the ball and had ability but lost the plot here after a good start. We needed midfielders to get up and down quickly but he tended to mince around in the middle, not really driving us forwards.

I'd fancy us at home with a full strength team, but I have no idea if we'll have our key players available. I still think we can win if we get the first goal, but if we concede the first one then we could get frustrated.

He plays in the attacking role of the two centre midfielders. He's been tidy so far - can't fault him yet.

He plays in the attacking role of the two centre midfielders. He's been tidy so far - can't fault him yet.

We played him a bit deeper sometimes which was even worse. The thing is with Potter, if the team is playing well and full of confidence it suits him to a tee. I was at Hartlepool last season and we destroyed them 5 nil, everyone was pressing their man and panicking Hartlepool, the team was confident and Potter was able to move the ball around, it was too much for them.

However, when the team then went on a bad run. He totally dissapeared and did absolutely nothing to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He couldnt seem to handle it here when things were going badly. Started well under Laws as a bit of composure in the side alongside Mickey Gray, start of the next season we played lovely football on the deck, full of confidence. But then we started getting opened up at the back, losing games and Potter became ineffective when the need was to dig in.

There are a lot of families go, of the ones I know, Dad invariably supports another team and takes the kids , gets sort of dragged into supporting them but there is no passion. Perhaps as the U16 generation grows up and as kids, if thats Bletchley or Fishermead that means in the next year or so, perhaps the father son legacy might just start.

Most of the locals my generation support London teams or near me even worse Luton

Guest CowshedLad

We played him a bit deeper sometimes which was even worse. The thing is with Potter, if the team is playing well and full of confidence it suits him to a tee. I was at Hartlepool last season and we destroyed them 5 nil, everyone was pressing their man and panicking Hartlepool, the team was confident and Potter was able to move the ball around, it was too much for them.

However, when the team then went on a bad run. He totally dissapeared and did absolutely nothing to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He couldnt seem to handle it here when things were going badly. Started well under Laws as a bit of composure in the side alongside Mickey Gray, start of the next season we played lovely football on the deck, full of confidence. But then we started getting opened up at the back, losing games and Potter became ineffective when the need was to dig in.

Look forward to seeing how he does against you then! Surely he will be up for it against his old employers. Sounds like he has a point to prove.

I've got nothing against you or your fellow fans, tbh you needed a football club and someone bought you one with a built in league position.

Anyway back to football. I have to say I too would expect you to fade away into maybe a play off place at best, but at the moment you're doing well and you have the benefit of inside knowledge with Beevers and Potter to tell you exactly wot will happen if you turn our crowd against the team. However I fully expect us to carry on our good home form and fancy us for a 3-1 win.

On Potter he did start off well for us but soon faded and once he'd lost it he seemed to not even try to get it back. Most games he just seemed to be going thru the motions and wasn't willing to take the responsibility of making the team tick. If I'm honest I think he'll freeze on his return to hillsborough, I think the pressure will get to him and our fans will be on his back.

Hopefully a good time will be had by all

Not is Stevie G gets Jose first.

I hope you aren't comparing Potter to Gerrard there. The Scouseness is where the similarity ends! :smile:

Potter will probably score at the weekend, it happens to every ex player, even Eunoch (lack of balls) Showumni.

Out of interest, how did you lose Leven to Oxford?