MK Fan in peace ...

Guest CowshedLad

I always tell my boy that 'hate' is a strong word and that when he uses it what he actually means is that he prefers something else.

Well, I prefer other teams to you lot. I prefer lots of teams actually.

How you can even call yourselves 'fans' is a disgrace. You killed a club and drove it 50 miles north. Performed a kind of voodoo ritual and then announced the club was resurrected.

If there is any justice you will drop through the leagues and be forgotten about. Thankfully AFC Wimbledon have made it back into the Football League.

UTO :biggrin:

Easy Tiger! I can't be 100% sure but I'm guessing Cowshedlad didn't have anything to do with the club moving. I've got nothing against them personally, I'm a Wednesday fan. I don't live in Wimbledon or Milton Keynes so their club moving makes absolutely no difference to my life. If anything it should be the F.A and Merton Council who have something to answer.

Edited by Junglejay

Guest CowshedLad

I'll grit my teeth and not respond to the anti-Franchise comments.

I seem to remember alot of you last year claiming that we had no chance of 'strolling' in and beating you. I'll have to remind you that we went into a comfortable 2-0 lead and should of held on. Yes it was our own fault in going down to 9 men that let you back in. However, I do believe we have a genuine chance of getting a result.

Thank you to those who have welcomed me back to the board - Of course It wouldn't be the same without some mention of our past - but hey, i guess it's part of our HISTORY.

I can't remember the pub I stopped off at last year, but thanks for the suggestions.

Hope to meet a few of you lot down there, it always makes the day more interesting.

How many should you be expecting as the attendance?

Guest CowshedLad

Glad they are only bringing a few hundred, don't want my progress to the match disrupted

Question for Cowshedlad, the crowds are pretty dire at MK at the moment given the start, any reason for that. Not helped I guess by people like me refusing to take their kids on principal, unless Wednesday are playing there

Our own fanbase is questioning exactly this.

During the first few years at Stadium MK, our average gate was 11K - Since then it has dropped to around 8K.

It could be that the novelty of football in Milton Keynes has worn off, however I believe that it is largely down to the dissapointing season we had under Paul Ince -Yes I won't hide from the fact that our fanbase is fickle and wait for it .... plastic.

We have been involved in promotion or relegation battles since we came about, and that season of mid-table mediocrity put alot of people off coming. Our fanbase is young however. The club is doing wonders for the town and encouraging the youngsters to go, we are a club building for the future and in a few years the next generation will be supporting their local club.

Or maybe it's recession? :laugh:

What has been Potters role in the team?

One of his biggest problems was how afraid he was to put in a challenge. Wimping out and looking like a girl doesn't go down well here. Whenever we ended up in a battle of a game (which happened a lot in the Championship relegation season) he was a passenger in the side.

When he was able to get forward more I think we saw the best of him, as he does have the ability to pass it well and has a decent shot. His problem was he often ended up sitting deep and simply passing it to our full backs, even if they were under pressure and they ended up having to clear it.

I can't see him enjoying his return, I doubt he will get a favourable reception, and he's going to be faced with Semedo and Prutton who will get in his face and give him no time on the ball.

Without a doubt you will be the biggest test for us so far this season at home, but I see us building on last nights draw with a good solid performance.

2-1 win for Wednesday, maybe more depending on if we have players back from injury.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I'll grit my teeth and not respond to the anti-Franchise comments.

I seem to remember alot of you last year claiming that we had no chance of 'strolling' in and beating you. I'll have to remind you that we went into a comfortable 2-0 lead and should of held on. Yes it was our own fault in going down to 9 men that let you back in. However, I do believe we have a genuine chance of getting a result.

Thank you to those who have welcomed me back to the board - Of course It wouldn't be the same without some mention of our past - but hey, i guess it's part of our HISTORY.

I can't remember the pub I stopped off at last year, but thanks for the suggestions.

Hope to meet a few of you lot down there, it always makes the day more interesting.

How many should you be expecting as the attendance?

You went down to 10 men and we got back in it, the second red stopped us a clear chance at goal when 2-2

mk dons will fade and will be lucky to finish top 6

tiny squad whos passing football will be ruined by the cowfields they will have to play on in a few months

not to mention they arent even a proper club

up the afc wimbledon 1987 fa cup winners

Coventry won the Cup in 1987

Wimbledon did it the year after

Guest CowshedLad

mk dons will fade and will be lucky to finish top 6

tiny squad whos passing football will be ruined by the cowfields they will have to play on in a few months

not to mention they arent even a proper club

up the afc wimbledon 1987 fa cup winners

Interesting point you raise there.

No, not the pro AFC poo I've heard before.

Think we have enough transparency to be able to change our stylye when needed however, so we'll see how it pans out.

Guest CowshedLad

What has been Potters role in the team?

One of his biggest problems was how afraid he was to put in a challenge. Wimping out and looking like a girl doesn't go down well here. Whenever we ended up in a battle of a game (which happened a lot in the Championship relegation season) he was a passenger in the side.

When he was able to get forward more I think we saw the best of him, as he does have the ability to pass it well and has a decent shot. His problem was he often ended up sitting deep and simply passing it to our full backs, even if they were under pressure and they ended up having to clear it.

I can't see him enjoying his return, I doubt he will get a favourable reception, and he's going to be faced with Semedo and Prutton who will get in his face and give him no time on the ball.

Without a doubt you will be the biggest test for us so far this season at home, but I see us building on last nights draw with a good solid performance.

2-1 win for Wednesday, maybe more depending on if we have players back from injury.

Potter's start to the season has been positive due to the fact that I think he has been given the freedom to play.

He plays alongside Gleeson who is a very similar player to Roy Keane - In the way that he does all of the dirty work in a more holding role which allows Potter to play in a more attacking role. He also has a close relationship with Karl Robinson and he stated that he feels settles already which I think is really beneficial to his performances.

It's still early days however.

Guest CowshedLad

who the hell did everybody support in mk before you lot came about?

its a strange place

83% of our season ticket holders are Under 16's. - The likelihood is that they would have had no affiliation with a team and got hooked on their local club - much like you.

as for the 'more experienced' set of MK Fans, ask em. - Whos to even say they followed football before MK?

Guest Big Guns

You may remember that I registered on the board last season after the game at Stadium MK.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on how you think the game will go on Saturday? We've been on a great run this year, and we will play a completely different type of game to the type we played at Hillsborough last season.

Was a decent game last year - and if we had kept our discipline, think we would have got all three points.

Had a great day out in Sheffield last year, looking forward to going back.

I've noticed that you don't think very highly of Darren Potter - To be fair, he's been brilliant so far for us! I hope he can prove himself and maybe silence you with a winning goal.

Personally, I think we will edge you 2-1.

As usual, we won't bring that many up, maybe 400/500 - could anyone suggest a decent away friendly pub or something similar with close distance to the ground? I always enjoy the banter with you lot, the majority of you are a good bunch - I always favour you over Leeds, Sheffield United and Huddersfield and admired your turnout and atmosphere you created in Milton Keynes last year.

Anyways, Just wanted to hear some thought for the game this weekend?

Regards

CowshedLad

I hope you lot of cardboard cut outs have improved as much as your side worse fans I've ever seen you didn't even cheer at your place when you went one up.

Guest CowshedLad

I hope you lot of cardboard cut outs have improved as much as your side worse fans I've ever seen you didn't even cheer at your place when you went one up.

We don't cheer.

We sit and clap. We prefer being called Plastic rather than Cardboard though.

Understand where your coming from though. We are a quiet bunch.

Guest CowshedLad

If the novelty with MK "fans" is wearing off. Will you be relocating again?

Took a good honest club and ruined it, glad Wimbeldon are back and in a few seasons hopefully they reclaim there place in the football pyramid.

3-0 to Wednesday Saturday.

Seriously mate. It gets boring, didnt want to discuss the anti-franchise movement with you lot. Was just wondering about this saturday.