MK Fan in peace ...

Guest CowshedLad

Guest CowshedLad

There are a lot of families go, of the ones I know, Dad invariably supports another team and takes the kids , gets sort of dragged into supporting them but there is no passion. Perhaps as the U16 generation grows up and as kids, if thats Bletchley or Fishermead that means in the next year or so, perhaps the father son legacy might just start.

Most of the locals my generation support London teams or near me even worse Luton

Bit of an inside joke there :laugh:

But I'd agree with that.

Guest CowshedLad

I hope you aren't comparing Potter to Gerrard there. The Scouseness is where the similarity ends! :smile:

Potter will probably score at the weekend, it happens to every ex player, even Eunoch (lack of balls) Showumni.

Out of interest, how did you lose Leven to Oxford?

I was referring to our Irish centre midfielder Stephen Gleeson who is a complete nutcase. - If he doesnt recieve a yellow, id be happy to enter the field of play and expose myself.

Leven was released at the end of the season due to wanting to be paid alot more that what he was on. Most expected him to be snapped up by a Championship side, but it was revealed by our management that Oxford offered him what he wanted. No ambition as a footballer and to be honest - we're not really missing him.

Guest CowshedLad

I still have nightmares about those 3 corners against Huddersfield.

He's taken two.

One went out of play. The other did'nt beat the first man.

Just saw young fail go beat the first man and I instantly thought of potter! Beat me to it! Them three corners against Huddersfield were appalling and it just about sums him up! I thought he was unlucky though, there was a terrible puddle down there :laugh:

Has he played out wide yet? Or right back? I think he relished the chance to play in them positions

Our own fanbase is questioning exactly this.

During the first few years at Stadium MK, our average gate was 11K - Since then it has dropped to around 8K.

It could be that the novelty of football in Milton Keynes has worn off, however I believe that it is largely down to the dissapointing season we had under Paul Ince -Yes I won't hide from the fact that our fanbase is fickle and wait for it .... plastic.

We have been involved in promotion or relegation battles since we came about, and that season of mid-table mediocrity put alot of people off coming. Our fanbase is young however. The club is doing wonders for the town and encouraging the youngsters to go, we are a club building for the future and in a few years the next generation will be supporting their local club.

Or maybe it's recession? :laugh:

What is the atmosphere like in a ground that's too big for you?............this isn't an ironic question btw. :smile:

It's just might have a bearing on lower attendances, when you played at the Hockey place the capacity was smaller and I should imagine it was full most of the time, creating a decent atmosphere......there's also the 'supply and demand' issue not unlike Norwich, people dont like missing out.

It's just possible with all the empty seats, people just pick and choose which matches to go to because they know it's easy to get a ticket.

Guest CowshedLad

What is the atmosphere like in a ground that's too big for you?............this isn't an ironic question btw. :smile:

It's just might have a bearing on lower attendances, when you played at the Hockey place the capacity was smaller and I should imagine it was full most of the time, creating a decent atmosphere......there's also the 'supply and demand' issue not unlike Norwich, people dont like missing out.

It's just possible with all the empty seats, people just pick and choose which matches to go to because they know it's easy to get a ticket.

Shocking in Stad MK - can be compared to something out of Eastern Europe. The onlt ime I have ever heard the place rocking was when we beat Blackpool in the Carling cup (Half of the east stand and corners were shut down) this created a great atmosphere as everyone was bunched together. The NHS was great. If I had my way, we'd have been there for at least 10 years. It is quite soul destroying seeing a 40% full stadium every home game - even though our attendances are roughly 5th or 6th highest in the league.

The club also grades games. Which is completely pointless considering we do not come close to selling out. Tickets should be the same price all year round.

Hey up Cowshed

Im actually looking forward to this saturday. Our Home form and your general form should make a good game. Hopefully a decent Ref that lets the game flow too!

We are a different side at home to what you would have seen away on Tv.

Dont get me started on Potter as im not a fan and would have drove him to your place ages ago.

Try the Wednesdayite lounge for drinks. Its about 5min away from ground on Niagara Road. (Behind Burger king on Leppings lane)

Enjoy you trip but not the game :smile:

Guest CowshedLad

Hey up Cowshed

Im actually looking forward to this saturday. Our Home form and your general form should make a good game. Hopefully a decent Ref that lets the game flow too!

We are a different side at home to what you would have seen away on Tv.

Dont get me started on Potter as im not a fan and would have drove him to your place ages ago.

Try the Wednesdayite lounge for drinks. Its about 5min away from ground on Niagara Road. (Behind Burger king on Leppings lane)

Enjoy you trip but not the game :smile:

Cheers fella.

Is the place away fan friendly? It's just the group im going with has a little'un of 9 tagging along and just want a decent pre-match hangout.

Guest keyser soze

up the afc wimbledon 1987 fa cup winners

Coventry won it in 87. Wimbledon in 88. Sorry to be a pedant

I really should read the whole thread before commenting. My bad

Edited by keyser soze