Regi Blinker

Guest whateverhappto

Guest whateverhappto

Sorry to come here and 'spam' as they say, but I thought some of you may be interested in a recent interview I conducted with Regi Blinker

http://www.whateverhappenedtoblog.co.uk/post/9371201267/whatever-happened-to-regi-blinker

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions etc. Or if you have a link to a former Owls player you woudl like covering, please contact me!

Guest whateverhappto

Yeah I saw that article about Nepal just as I posted mine up!

Also I believe new Ipswich signing Daryl Murphy has the same skill of being able to jump and get smaller! There is a classic photo from his time at Sunderland where he is outjumped by Shaun Wright Phillips

Sorry to come here and 'spam' as they say, but I thought some of you may be interested in a recent interview I conducted with Regi Blinker

http://www.whateverh...to-regi-blinker

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions etc. Or if you have a link to a former Owls player you woudl like covering, please contact me!

Ha I was going to post this on here for you!

That's good my daughter still asks what happened to him with the dreadlocks. I took her to his debut even ossie the owl had a dreadlock wig. Was it against arsenal where Ian wright pulled some of his hair our when they were targeting him during the game. Regi went ballistic

This is an interesting article, especially the reference to Life After Football. My brother [who is an active member of this forum] is an ex-pro, who is doing a Ph.D. on players career transitions, once they have left the game, so I know a little bit about the struggle some players have.

And before people possibly comment on the exceptional wages players receive, my brother [and maybe Regi] concentrate mainly with ex players who have "retired" early, either through injury or because they have not made the grade/not got a new club and decided to hang up their boots. Not all players are fortunate enough to get pro contracts, not all pro contracted players make the grade, and less than one percent of those that do, play at a high level. The amount thrown on the scrap heap is very high, and they are often left high and dry. This is when some players need guidance, as all they know is football and the "real" world can seem a long way from their perception of reality.

Fortunately the L.F.E. and the F.A. also see this as a problem, and I know they are supporting rkid with his research.

Guest whateverhappto

This is an interesting article, especially the reference to Life After Football. My brother [who is an active member of this forum] is an ex-pro, who is doing a Ph.D. on players career transitions, once they have left the game, so I know a little bit about the struggle some players have.

And before people possibly comment on the exceptional wages players receive, my brother [and maybe Regi] concentrate mainly with ex players who have "retired" early, either through injury or because they have not made the grade/not got a new club and decided to hang up their boots. Not all players are fortunate enough to get pro contracts, not all pro contracted players make the grade, and less than one percent of those that do, play at a high level. The amount thrown on the scrap heap is very high, and they are often left high and dry. This is when some players need guidance, as all they know is football and the "real" world can seem a long way from their perception of reality.

Fortunately the L.F.E. and the F.A. also see this as a problem, and I know they are supporting rkid with his research.

That sounds really interesting, I would love to do research like this in the future, best of luck to him! May have to get a contact for him off you in the future for the site!