mr mandaric

Guest Big Guns

So we weren't in imminent danger of being the first club to be formally wound up in the High court?

yep but it wouldn't have happened let's not go into this tday too serious for a Sunday

Tight as a glass blowers cheeks.

To be fair, it was said in the original nine, six were free n three were fees, so there is still time. But out of the freebies i reckon Jones n maybe Jesus was expected to have a small fee n Mellor was one expecting to be a fee.

I think we need more than three in, any injuries will leave us struggling.

Alf

Cody

Koumas

Weston

Roberts

All these in and championship here we come, leaving us short will be dangerous

Guest knightowl

mm saved this club without his money we would have no club but he could sigb a couple of good strikers and a wide player please quick

yep but it wouldn't have happened let's not go into this tday too serious for a Sunday

and you know that ?

How?

seeing as it's been widely reported we were extremely close.

Has Milan got any money? Yes

Is he prepared to wee wee it away and pay over the odds? No

His approach has been to get best value for his money, and why shouldn't he. He's not prepared to be held to ransom by clubs, players or agents which is great. We've been down that road before and we have ended up in league one because of it. MM, GM & PA all have their roles to play in player recruitment and all are doing their jobs as far as I can see. We'll get the players in but only at a price that is affordable to the club. This is going to be even more the case when the wage / turnover cap comes in to force properly. There is certainly nothing wrong with working on this basis now.

Guest Big Guns

and you know that ?

How?

seeing as it's been widely reported we were extremely close.

Because I was leading a consortium with the realist ,Orlando trusfull and a few other wealthy owlstalkers

Has Milan got any money? Yes

Is he prepared to wee wee it away and pay over the odds? No

His approach has been to get best value for his money, and why shouldn't he. He's not prepared to be held to ransom by clubs, players or agents which is great. We've been down that road before and we have ended up in league one because of it. MM, GM & PA all have their roles to play in player recruitment and all are doing their jobs as far as I can see. We'll get the players in but only at a price that is affordable to the club. This is going to be even more the case when the wage / turnover cap comes in to force properly. There is certainly nothing wrong with working on this basis now.

Finally some sense. What would happen if we don't go up this season (it's not guaranteed even spending loads of money) and we then have to drastically reduce the squad to fall in line with the salary cap next summer? I can guarantee there would be uproar then and fans would complain we'd spent too much and got into another fine mess.

I'm embarrassed by some of our fans.

maybe hes so minted cos hes as tight as two coats er paint!

i've not watched or studied milan closely whilst at his other clubs...

so i've no idea how he goes about his business...

to have money, (and made that money yourself) generally means you're no dumpling...

but i can see what the op means...

something seems to have altered, either just before, or after milan named jason scotland as a possible target...

we've sold players for money...

now some that have left the club, may have needed a sweetener to go to another club on a lower wage...

but i'm not sure we've shelled any out on fee's...

what money has come in through the season ticket, shirt sales, sponsorship etc.?...

and how much will milan have had to put into the club to secure the players we have signed, any???...

in a number of walks in life if someone was giving it large...

about what he was and wasn't going to do...and then didn't back it up, his finances may be called into question...

megson isn't sabre rattling, he genuinely believed he was getting a better deal than this...

Mike84 spot on......

If mandaric starts payin over the odds for players we will end up payin too much for unproven players like when we ha the likes of sibon,de bilde etc.we cannot go back to them days MM knows what he is doin and knows what to do with money.if he starts chuckin money about like a little spoilt kid an it doesn work out he loses money an fans backing which I don't think he wants to do that

Guest jayowl_s6

He must have got some money !! I saw him in the que a kfc....they only accept cash or card no magic beans !

The money Milan spent to buy the club is irrelevant in this debate. Of course we are all grateful, in fact him buying the club is the best thing that has happened to the club since I have been following it, I don't know how to show my appreciation anymore.

However, the point is Milan said he was going to throw some money at it this pre season, yet so far we have let more players go than we have brought in and recieved transfer fees without paying any out. The season starts in less than a week.

Please just get Megson the players he wants and he WILL get us promoted.

It's interesting Milan hasn't spent a penny backing a manger, he rates as a "top drawer manager". in transfer fees.

How much have we spent buying players out of contract to move them on? Did this take up a big percentage of Megson's budget?

However you don't break the wage structure for individual players.

Guest 03 owl

It's interesting Milan hasn't spent a penny backing a manger, he rates as a "top drawer manager". in transfer fees.

How much have we spent buying players out of contract to move them on? Did this take up a big percentage of Megson's budget?

However you don't break the wage structure for individual players.

oh wee wee off!!