mr mandaric

Guest swfcbarmyarmy

Maybe he'll spend a bit WHEN we get back to the championship not many people will want to come to a league one club who finished mid table last season, and to be fair we've got a decent, steady side that SHOULD do well next season

He's not being a tight arse... he just doesn't want to spend money on players that aren't worth the amount being asked for... he is being realistic and trying to be a shrewd business man as he has been throughout his career.... If he spent silly money on players not worth half what we pay for them, then turn out to be poo poo (e.g. Ched evans!) then how the flip is he going to make money long term? Its a business in the end.... buy and sell, buy players at there market value and hope that their value increases as the team rises / performances improve. Of course we want him to spend silly money... because we are fans, we are fickle and narrow minded. We want whats best for the club now and in this instant... instead of thinking of long term business plans. In Milan we trust!

The money Milan spent to buy the club is irrelevant in this debate. Of course we are all grateful, in fact him buying the club is the best thing that has happened to the club since I have been following it, I don't know how to show my appreciation anymore.

However, the point is Milan said he was going to throw some money at it this pre season, yet so far we have let more players go than we have brought in and recieved transfer fees without paying any out. The season starts in less than a week.

Please just get Megson the players he wants and he WILL get us promoted.

NAIL ON HEAD... lol

It's interesting Milan hasn't spent a penny backing a manger, he rates as a "top drawer manager". in transfer fees.

How much have we spent buying players out of contract to move them on? Did this take up a big percentage of Megson's budget?

However you don't break the wage structure for individual players.

YOU MAKE MY poo poo HANG... LOW.... LOW.... LOWWWWWWWWW

Guest highamowl

This debate about throwing money at it misses half the point at least.

Does anyone know what our wage budget is, and how our spending relates to our income??? As last season this did not look too favourable. So he is throwing money at the club already to prevent us from running up debt. You can say that "well paying this amount is not that much", add the wages on top of this, and then the amount that we will probably be forcast to lose this season and you come to a tidy sum.

Im sure some player will come in this week, but there is no point paying money for a player that is not worth it. This is bad business and will lead us into trouble again.