Prutton and Semedo

Guest s6 owls fan

Guest s6 owls fan

1st time i've really concentrated on their game today and how refreshing is it to see 2 midfielders that can run, intercept passes and tackle our midfield ran it in the 1st half especially Prutton. Semedo looks like he loves a tackle and can also win it. Keep it up lads. Plus thought Buxton had Gradel in his back pocket all day and Reda was having a stormer until the penalty but he will learn from that, rather have the mistakes in pre-season than when it really matters. Good signs! just need a winger and a striker

UTO

Edited by s6 owls fan

I was really impressed with them both today,it was good to see our midfield with a bit of bite in it and also looking for a forward pass.on today's evidence though I think semedo may pick up a few bookings resulting in a few missed games.

Guest Cottingham owl

How refreshing was it seeing our midfield know what to do with the ball, passes reaching the people they are aimed for, challenge for every ball and move forward with it. Was a joy to watch at times today especially the first half. O don't know why but prutton reminds me of an older Glenn whelan, can read the game so well ad what a cracker of a goal.

Guest maltaowl

Both really shone today,especially prutton. When they first signed the thing i was apprehensive about was not having an attacking CM but both showed they could defend and attack well. Could be the heatbeat of a promotion push and great business by Megson to day they were frees

I was really impressed with them both today,it was good to see our midfield with a bit of bite in it and also looking for a forward pass.on today's evidence though I think semedo may pick up a few bookings resulting in a few missed games.

I personally would love to see Potter back with JOC tucked in besides him.

The tackling, miles of grass covered making space for incisive passes and the

almost telepathic connection they had when it came to finding each other was

simply legendary!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It's also nice to have confidence in a 1-0 lead instead of worrying that if we're nor 3 up then we could lose in the last 10 mins.

Yes I know they scored late on but I don't think they would have scored if they didn't get the pen

Guest prowze

Was really pleased with the pair of them. Prutton especially, looked really good in the first half.

Roll on August 6th!

Edited by prowze

Guest TonyOwl88

I was so pleased to see that performance. We have a good team by and large... like you say, just a few additions need to be made in order to really kick on.

Guest contango

Good teams at any level have a strong spine, goalkeeper - check, centre back - check check, Centre midfield - definitely, centre forward - only position lacking on todays showing

It's also nice to have confidence in a 1-0 lead instead of worrying that if we're nor 3 up then we could lose in the last 10 mins.

Yes I know they scored late on but I don't think they would have scored if they didn't get the pen

I thought that too, I told my son Leeds weren't good enough to break us down, defensively we were too good for them, and if we had got any teeth, we'd have put the game to bed in the first half.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest foreverSWFC

Semedo reminds me of Claude Makelele.

Sits in front of the back four, plays the ball simply, never tries anything fancy, built like a brick wall and certainly not afraid of a tackle. We've been crying out for a player like Semedo for so long.

Guest shawboy

really solid from the 2 games ive seen (rotherham and leeds) we have looked really solid as a defensive unit. all 4 players look like they have setlled well and maybe this is bringing the best out of other players.

buxton, reda and sedge have looked really good around the new guys.

just hope when it all counts it goes to plan.

Edited by shawboy

No danger, we have a great alternative in JOC :blink::blink::mellow::mellow:

Guest TRC_OWL

Prutton has been immense in pre season, if he performs like this in the first half of the season then it will be very difficult to keep other clubs from being interested, semedo is playing a role in the team which is allowing prutton to shine and roam around the pitch which is making the midfield a lot more balanced which we havent seen in a good few years.