Hypothetically

Guest Distraught!

Taking out intangibles such as desire, form, passion and motivation, I think it would be possible to mould a best eleven out of the current squad that should reach the play-off positions and could challenge for promotion.

Hell no! The majority of this flipping squad have successfully proved their ineptness for a year or 2, get rid of the flipping lot.

Spot on

The standard of football has been a disgrace

Guest bigblue

Might sneak a play off place if we're lucky. Just as likely to find ourselves in a relegation dogfight though - especially if the current lot take it to mean that they've been good enough so far!

The league will undoubtedly be weaker next season with the departure of Southampton and Brighton. That is the first positive.

Personally I can only see Sflaphorpe out of the relegated 3 having any prospect of challenging for the automatics. PNE and the Pigs will be forced to make wholesale cuts and changes and therefore IMO will struggle. Even with this squad we should be capable of challenging for at least the top 6 next season. With investment and 2-3 key signings we should be aiming for more.

I hope Peterborough go up through the playoffs as I think they would be more of a threat next season than the other teams. However, I'd be happy with either Huddersfield or MK Dons going up as well. I just hope it isn't Bournemouth who go up because we should be more than able to compete with them next season. Up until recently it looked like they had ran out of steam and I think their budget and squad size will hold them back.

Our main challengers will probably be:

Sflaphorpe

A resurgent Charlton

2 of (MK Dons/Huddersfield/Peterborough)

I fancy an outsider to perform well next season too. Colchester or possibly even Chesterfield.

We should be gunning for the automatic spots next year. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do it. Our end of season form is encouraging, we have money to spend, the league will be weaker, and we have the best support in the division.

The league will undoubtedly be weaker next season with the departure of Southampton and Brighton. That is the first positive.

Personally I can only see Sflaphorpe out of the relegated 3 having any prospect of challenging for the automatics. PNE and the Pigs will be forced to make wholesale cuts and changes and therefore IMO will struggle. Even with this squad we should be capable of challenging for at least the top 6 next season. With investment and 2-3 key signings we should be aiming for more.

I hope Peterborough go up through the playoffs as I think they would be more of a threat next season than the other teams. However, I'd be happy with either Huddersfield or MK Dons going up as well. I just hope it isn't Bournemouth who go up because we should be more than able to compete with them next season. Up until recently it looked like they had ran out of steam and I think their budget and squad size will hold them back.

Our main challengers will probably be:

Sflaphorpe

A resurgent Charlton

2 of (MK Dons/Huddersfield/Peterborough)

I fancy an outsider to perform well next season too. Colchester or possibly even Chesterfield.

We should be gunning for the automatic spots next year. There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do it. Our end of season form is encouraging, we have money to spend, the league will be weaker, and we have the best support in the division.

I think Peterborough will sell Mackail-Smith and Boyd in the summer, as they are fooked cash wise. So that should flip them up a bit.

I hope Southampton and the Udders go up. If that happens I feel we will be the best team in the league. Although, I wouldnt write Preston off, I think they will be ok. As for Scunny, I dont think they will do anything next year. Oh and the Pigs will be midtable, ish.

With all the talk of who should leave and who should go, I put a question to you all.

If we were to start next season with the exact same squad, finishing the season with exactly the same personnel (and manager and coaching team) could we expect a better season, indeed could we expect promotion.

I think so.

What say you?

no our central midfield has been run ragged by some very mediocre teams...we started well...we've ended relatively well so far...but we've little or no cover for the forwards...

Our current improvement in form does not suggest promotion next year unless the squad is improved.

Four home wins against mid/lower league teams and failure to win at any of Daggers / Walsall / Bristol Rovers is not enough.

With a good pre-season of hard work, and the negative influence of the lazy and uncommited players removed, and a manager with a more positive "can do" attitude, the current squad could be on the fringe of play-offs.