The Neil Mellor situation . . . .

We need to do EVERYTHING possible we can to keep hold of him imo. I know other clubs will be sniffing him after the decent season he's had but i've stumbled across this (not sure if popes dead :ph34r: ) Phil Brown Q&A. It seems Preston will be looking at recalling him by the sounds of this. I wonder what the outcome will be? Would he put in a transfer request in? Would Preston honour it? Would he put a transfer request in to come back to us or move on? Starting to get a little more sceptical about the whole situation now. :mellow:

See what happens.

Depends if Preston can afford to keep him/if Mellor wants to stay at PNE.

As far as i'm aware they're 'pink lint' and will be shipping out their higher earners so doubt if they can afford to keep him. I think he seems to have settled at HIllsborough and differences sorted with GM re weight and level of fitness etc.

He'c certainly given the impression he's content with life at S6 and playing for his team and manager.

What do you expext Phil Brown to say?

When you sell a car do you say, "never liked it, not intrested what I get for it, please just take it off my hands!!! "

Phil is playing the game, if he says he is part of his 1st team plans, & this helps get a few more quid in for the club when doing a deal, thenm isn't that good management?

What do you expext Phil Brown to say?

When you sell a car do you say, "never liked it, not intrested what I get for it, please just take it off my hands!!! "

Phil is playing the game, if he says he is part of his 1st team plans, & this helps get a few more quid in for the club when doing a deal, thenm isn't that good management?

Pretty much contradicting what the chairman said about Mellor never putting on a Preston shirt again?

Pretty much contradicting what the chairman said about Mellor never putting on a Preston shirt again?

No doubt a few agents got in touch with said chairman after that comment, as well as Mellors performances uping a level over the last few weeks...Mr Chairman starts to smell the cash.

Preston are going to struggle to get out of League One without someone pumping money in.

The town just doesn't seem to support the club in the numbers it should. I've said before on here that the most common shirts I see there (excepting students) are Celtic, Liverpool and Man Utd.

I think they will be looking to drastically rebuild their squad over the next season or two. If Mellor wants to leave, and PNE can get some money for him then Mellor will be off.

Well the Facebook comment says: "Neil Mellor should be part of PNE's plans next season. - Phil Brown."

But the forum says: "Neil mellor will be part of the squad next season - phil brown."

Both read slightly different...

His dad played for us and urged him to come. His brother is a Wednesdayite - Wednesday is in his blood.

He has had a good season for us even though he went through a pretty poor period - first 20 goals striker since Maclean and only the second to do so since Bright I believe.

PNE are skint and the fans don't want him..

Mellor is top priority signing in my opinion.

His dad played for us and urged him to come. His brother is a Wednesdayite - Wednesday is in his blood.

He has had a good season for us even though he went through a pretty poor period - first 20 goals striker since Maclean and only the second to do so since Bright I believe.

PNE are skint and the fans don't want him..

Mellor is top priority signing in my opinion.

This ^ ^ ^

He won't want to go back there. They're in a less attractive position in terms of challenging for promotion and their fans gave him dog's abuse.

They said he was lazy as f*ck. That's one accusation we couldn't level at him based on his time with us, so for him to not have been trying at Preston he must've really rumbleing hated it. If Megson wants him and offers him a reasonable contract he will be a Wednesday player next season.

Phil Brown isn't an idiot, he know's if he's to take PNE back up 1st time of asking he needs the best players at his disposal and Neil Mellor is one of their best strikers if not the best or potentially 2nd behind Hume.

He's seen him score 20 goals for us and know's he can reproduce this form again next season and will want some one to do that for them, that said it's all down to Mellor but all the signs point to him wanting to be here.

This is the bottom line. If Preston want him back and he doesn't want to go back then he can put a transfer request in, but arn't Preston well within their rights to reject it? Silly move i know because if a player doesn't want to be at the club then he sure as hell isn't going to be playing at his full potential (see the Tudgay situation).

On the other hand (which think will not happen) is preston taking him back and him wanting to go back play for them next season, i got the feeling that there was a few bridges burnt when he left the club so i really can't see this happening tbh.

All this said, a Championship club could swoop in for him with an offer neither Preston or Mellor could refuse.

As you said it's all down to Mellor, unfortunately we're going to have to play the waiting game. :angry:

Preston are going to struggle to get out of League One without someone pumping money in.

The town just doesn't seem to support the club in the numbers it should. I've said before on here that the most common shirts I see there (excepting students) are Celtic, Liverpool and Man Utd.

I think they will be looking to drastically rebuild their squad over the next season or two. If Mellor wants to leave, and PNE can get some money for him then Mellor will be off.

Liverpool and Manchester United I could understand sown to the geographic location of Preston but Celtic? That intrigues me.

If I was Mellor and I'd just been playing at hillsborough in front of 15-18k as a minimum with the potential of bigger crowds and a derby next season...returning to Deepdale would be a massive anti climax. Guaranteed to score past us if he does play for PNE again though.