The Neil Mellor situation . . . .

mellor will be at whatever club pays the most.

There's no loyalty in football, everyone's out for the best pay deal, so what size club comes in doesn't matter as long as its financially right for the player.

mellor will be at whatever club pays the most.

There's no loyalty in football, everyone's out for the best pay deal, so what size club comes in doesn't matter as long as its financially right for the player.

If thats the case then depending on how much Megson wants him here next season, Preston don't really have a leg to stand on . . . . do they?

Guest inman

We need to do EVERYTHING possible we can to keep hold of him imo. I know other clubs will be sniffing him after the decent season he's had but i've stumbled across this (not sure if popes dead :ph34r: ) Phil Brown Q&A. It seems Preston will be looking at recalling him by the sounds of this. I wonder what the outcome will be? Would he put in a transfer request in? Would Preston honour it? Would he put a transfer request in to come back to us or move on? Starting to get a little more sceptical about the whole situation now. :mellow:

Cant see what all the fuss is about , there's plenty of decent strikers out there, if preston want to hold us to ransom over price etc then let him go back, pet shop brown pet shop preston. :cool:

Guest inman

Cant see what all the fuss is about , there's plenty of decent strikers out there, if preston want to hold us to ransom over price etc then let him go back, pet shop brown pet shop preston. :cool:

Thats not what I said :blink:

:blink:

He's scored 20 goals for us so far this season and with a long list of games missed due to injury that isn't a bad record at all, also he's obviously settled into the club.

There is going to be enough changes made in the summer and disruption to the squad without having to worry about settling another striker in - not only that, he's a proven goal scorer, whats saying we go out and buy a striker who's been doing well at his current club, but then comes here and flops?

No brainer really. It would save a lot of hassle if we could sign him.

If thats the case then depending on how much Megson wants him here next season, Preston don't really have a leg to stand on . . . . do they?

Depends if they want to get rid next year for nowt