Steve Adams

ON Monday I went along to watch Truro City in their last game of the season. They have just won the Zamaretto League and will be in the Conference South (effectively three divisions below Wednesday) next season. No Cornish football team has ever been as high up the football pyramid.

One drawback however is that ex-United striker Barry Hayles is currently appearing for Truro (and doing very well). Imagine my surprise when I read the biogs of the other Truro players only to find that Steve Adams (ex-Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday) plays for the White Tigers.

I sat there thinking Steve Adams...who the hell is/was Steve Adams? A quick scout through the programme and I saw his picture and yes...I remembered him as the player Paul Sturrock brought with him from Plymouth. His quote was something like 'Steve is the type of player who does the things no-one else wants to do and you don't notice he is there because of that'

Well you were right there, Paul.

Steve Adams P 21 (2005-7)

Still nice to see him at Truro just made me feel better about applauding Hayles.

untitled.bmp

Sheffield United ruined Hayles career during the period they bought 352 strikers in one season - I felt sorry for him as he was a proven scorer in The Premiership.

He's still quite a hadful and has scored 18 goals for Truro City since he joined.

Steve Adams is playing as a centre-back.

Scored the first one against hull in one of the best away games ive ever been to.

Although Talbot put the rebound over the line to make sure and got the goal.

Adams had played a lot of games at Plymouth, came to us and struggled massively with injuries (surprise).

One of Sturrock's trusted players but he didn't seem to have much about him for us.

Folly and Adams, Two players who we expected good things from as the "battlers" in the middle of the park.

Both didn't pull up any tree's. Where is Folly now?

Aberdeen. I really liked Folly, for a while he was very impressive. So much so that Laws gave him a new contract not long after coming in.

Sturrock said something about him once which probably gives a good guide why he faded away. Basically, he's got a lot of ability but really struggles with self-belief.