ROD TODAY

Guest Wildman1867

Guest Wildman1867

Felt sorry for the lad today done none notthing wrong yet still gets dropped despite megson saying otherwise in todays star, must have been gutting for him.

i did wonder about ROD's confidence when i heard Megson in the post match interview that he picks Weaver because he thinks Weaver is the best keeper in the league end of.

Not much chance for ROD and Adamson :blink:

Who the flip is Adamson? I thought we had seen the last of him years ago!!!!

Weren't we meant to be giving Lee Nicholls a game too?

Thats what Megson said. TBH I was suprised to see Weaver play again this season, I thought GM would take the opportunity to have a good look at ROD and honour the agreement with Wigan.

Thats what Megson said. TBH I was suprised to see Weaver play again this season, I thought GM would take the opportunity to have a good look at ROD and honour the agreement with Wigan.

maybe the agreements changed

i did wonder about ROD's confidence when i heard Megson in the post match interview that he picks Weaver because he thinks Weaver is the best keeper in the league end of.

Not much chance for ROD and Adamson :blink:

that's that's perils of being a goal keeper. Bob Bolder left us to join Liverpool as number 2 to Grobelaar saying he was going to take the shirt of him. Don't think he ever played a first team game for them

I did thnk that. Who was on the bench today? Maybe we sent / are sending Nichols back?

I do think it's a bit hash on ROD though. That said, weaver saved us twice today

I did thnk that. Who was on the bench today? Maybe we sent / are sending Nichols back?

I do think it's a bit hash on ROD though. That said, weaver saved us twice today

I think it would have been unfair of is to play Nicholls today as we have s responsibility to play our strongest team to be fair to other clubs threatened with religation and it should be same next week too.

Only chance to play him should be against Extern if they can't make playoffs on last day of the season.

that's that's perils of being a goal keeper. Bob Bolder left us to join Liverpool as number 2 to Grobelaar saying he was going to take the shirt of him. Don't think he ever played a first team game for them

Think he did, darra, shortly after his move and before Grobb got established.................but I don't feel like an anorak today so I'm not going to look it up :biggrin:

ROD has done really well but as Megson has said Weaver is by far the best goalie in the league and a great leader on the pitch.

We owe it to the rest of the league to play our best side and beat Swindon today. That might not have been the case if Weaver didn't play.

I'm massively pleased he was back in the side. ROD is very young still for a Goalkeeper so he'll have his chance and he will be ready to take over from Weaver in a few years time.

What agreement with Wigan? Do you know summat we don't?

Think he did, darra, shortly after his move and before Grobb got established.................but I don't feel like an anorak today so I'm not going to look it up :biggrin:

Think he didn't. He was there for two years and never made a first team appearance.

© Wiki

Liverpool 1983-1985 appearences 0

:tongue:

Guest Manwithastick

What agreement with Wigan? Do you know summat we don't?

Megson said on RS after the Hartlepool game last week that we had an agreement to try and give him some game time.